• Six miles driving in the Caterham 7
• Allow spending up to one hour on site including sign in, welcome meeting and safety briefing
• The cars are fully prepared and maintained for performance; most are fitted with full roll cages, fire extinguishers and safety harnesses
What Can I Expect
If you've ever wondered what a Caterham 7 driving experience is like, let us enlighten you on this legendary car before you decide whether or not to take it for a spin at a circuit of your choosing near you.
Yes, it has what can only be described as retro looks, but that's because the design is decades old. But boy is it a good one. Thanks to a Mr Colin Chapman, his design won many a motor race. And yes, it does only have 150bhp, which is about the same as a decent SUV on the roads today. But there's one very, very significant difference. The weight. And that's what makes the experience of driving a Caterham 7 what it is - utterly thrilling.
It's all about function over form with the Caterham 7. Forget your modern driving experience gubbins like ABS, traction control, air conditioning and even central locking, this car is stripped down to the bar minimum. Even the seat belts are harnesses rather than inertia type to save weight. All this is why it feels almost exoskeletal, with the exhaust running on the outside of the bodywork, exposed front suspension and bonnet hatches.
Inside the cockpit of the Caterham 7 it is, we admit, a 'bit of a squeeze'. The pedals are close together and the seats are so low that you can barely see over the windscreen. The heat generated from this little pocket rocket's brakes and transmission seems to seep into you and you feel every single bit of tarmac you drive over in the Caterham 7 - but that's what you call a proper driver's experience!
With your bottom just inches from the floor when driving the Caterham 7, you'll experience the sheer acceleration and how the car corners and stops like nothing else you have ever driven. It really is driving by the seat of your pants. With unbelievable levels of agility and grip, this is a real supercar slayer.
On these Caterham 7 driving experiences from Into The Blue, you will enjoy driving for six thrilling miles. Circuits are designed to allow you to experience the acceleration, cornering poise and outright speed of this motoring legend, rather than endless braking and power off moments. Get driving a Caterham 7 at a track new you!
• Selected Fridays and Saturdays from March to November
• Choose from a Friday only voucher or to include Saturdays opt for the anytime voucher
• Minimum age 17 years with full driving licence, which will need to be shown on the day
• This car has the smallest cockpit of any car made resulting in a very snug fit!
• Minimum height 4ft, maximum is 6'4"
• Maximum weight is 18 stone
• Drivers with size 10 feet or over may need to remove their shoes to drive this vehicle
• Spectators are welcome to watch free of charge
• There are toilets on site
• There are multiple vehicles driving at the circuit so there's lots to see (if you like watching cars go fast!) and plenty of opportunity for drivers to pose with vehicles for photographs
• There are limited covered viewing areas
• You are advised to bring your own refreshments and snacks
• Professional photographs can usually be purchased on the day
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit cards will need to be provided with a £5000 limit or about for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Leicestershire: Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Lutterworth
• Oxfordshire: Bicester Circuit, Upper Heyford
• Wigan: Three Sisters Circuit, Ashton-in-Makerfield
Upgrade Options (payable when booking your date)
• Wiltshire: Castle Combe Circuit, Chippenham - £25 (full licence required)
• Surrey: Dunsfold Circuit - £35