• 40 minute 'Break the Barrier' Thames river ride
• Reach speeds of up to 35mph twisting and turning on the River Thames
• Life jackets are provided and are compulsory for all participants
• Participants should wear suitable outdoor clothing (coat and layers) to wear whilst onboard
• The speedboat can accommodate up to 12 passengers
• Allow up to one hour on site for this experience
• The Shard
• Tower Bridge
• Canary Wharf
• Greenwich University
• Royal Observatory
• Cutty Sark
• O2 Arena
• Thames Barrier
What Can I Expect
Are you ready to rock the Thames Rockets? Prepare to go warp-speed right from the word go all the way up to the Thames Barrier. These Rocket boats are pretty cool. They’re rugged and highly agile vessels that bounce along the water with ease, at speeds of up to 35mph.
The Rockets are bright red so you can’t miss them as they whizz around the capital’s main waterway, giving sightseers the big thrill and big sights all rolled into one fab and very fun waterborne tour.
Setting off from London Bridge City pier just beside the Tower of London and Tower Bridge, you’ll go as far as the impressive Thames Barrier on this boat trip. To begin with, all seems calm, as you cruise gently away from the pier, admiring the various buildings and landmarks as you go. All very civilised and relaxed…
...until you’re in the high speed zone and then it’s full throttle for a bouncing, jostling and pure thrills trip. You’ll soon see why these boats are known as the Thames Rockets. They certainly go like one. But the mad thing about it all is that you won’t actually be getting wet. Well, maybe a bit of spray, but nothing like soaked to the skin that you might expect from a rocket tour like this. That’s because the boat lies pretty low in the water (and partly because the skippers are boat driving aces!), so you get all the scream-out-loud exhilaration, without feeling soggy at the end of it all.
It’s also worth noting that all Thames Rocket passengers on a mission to the Thames Barrier and back will be kitted out with stylish fleece-lined waterproof sailing jackets and buoyancy aids. If it looks like it’s going to be choppy or chilly out there, you can also get goggles and waterproof trousers too, so a bit of London drizzle certainly won’t stop play on these tours - in fact it makes it even more exciting.
You’ll travel along the Thames just as far as the Thames Barrier, having hooned it past the likes of Greenwich with its Cutty Sark, the O2 and loads more besides. Going so fast on a boat on the river is sure to make you feel like you’ve broken the speed barrier (and maybe the sound barrier with your screams!) as the Thames Rocket is pushed to its limit, all in the name of merriment and enjoyment for you!
• Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
Off Peak (November to February)
• Friday 15:00
• Saturday 13:00, 14:00, 15:00
• Sunday 14:00, 15:00
Peak (March to October)
• Friday 15:00, 16:00
• Saturday 11:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00
• Sunday 14:00, 15:00, 16:00
• Minimum age 10
• Under 15's must be accompanied by an adult
• There are no weight restrictions although the maximum chest size for lifejackets is 54"
• Participants will need to be able to climb onboard and sit on an individual seat for the duration of the trip
• All boats can experience unpredictable movements that can aggravate existing medical conditions
• Without exception, expectant mothers are not permitted on board at any stage of their pregnancy
• Child vouchers are valid for 10-14 year olds
• Adult vouchers are valid for ages 15+
• Charters are valid for up to 12 participants on an exclusive basis
• Spectators are welcome to watch the speedboat depart/arrive
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• This experience is not suitable for disabled passengers. There is no facility to store wheelchairs, mobility scooters or buggies
• You are advised to wear sensible clothing bearing in mind it is usually cooler out on the river. Flat soled shoes are recommended
• Trip Advisor #1 Attraction in London
• Depart from London Bridge City Pier SE1