• See the UK's most popular tourist resort from the air
• Highlights include the famous tower and pleasure beach
• Pre-flight safety briefing
• Flight time of approximately 30 minutes
• You will be sharing your helicopter ride with up to five other passengers
• Flights are normally taken in either a Bell 206 Jetranger (4 passengers) or a Bell 206 Longranger (6 passengers)
What Can I Expect
Book a seat on the Blackpool helicopter tour to see piers, promenades and the famous Pleasure Beach too! The helicopter comfortably seats six passengers and tours will last around 30-minutes. Anyone from the age of six years can fly!
Setting off from Blackpool Airport, you couldn’t get any nearer to the famous seaside resort if you tried. This historic airport is just south of the town on the hillside above the sea and flying has been happening here since 1909. It’s a superb departure airport for these heli tours and just so convenient too.
Heading north to make your approach into Blackpool, you will easily be able to point out sights such the three piers, the pretty Winter Gardens and Stanley Park from the chopper. As well as the beaches and town, you will, of course, also fly right over Blackpool Tower that has dominated the skyline on this seaside resort since 1894 for a superb aerial view of this iconic landmark.
Using the headset intercom, your heli pilot will point out more intricate landmarks in Blackpool town centre, such as the Grand Theatre, the red brick Victorian Imperial Hotel and Bonny Street Market. You will even be able to see people riding the famous 'Big One' roller coaster at the famous 42 acre Pleasure Beach theme park and fun fair.
This tour lasts around 30 minutes and you may be sharing the ride with five other passengers. You will be flying in a fabulous top of the range helicopter that will make you feel like an aerial VIP as you tour one of Britain's most traditional and famous resorts and the surrounding Lancashire countryside.
Book your seat for your brilliant Blackpool helicopter tour - the best and only way to see this much-loved resort from the air!
• Selected weekend dates from April to October
• Dates and flight times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age six
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight limit is 18 stone
• Maximum height is 6ft 3ins
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch the take off and landing.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Co-pilot seat upgrades can be reserved in advance for an additional £75 with the supplier (subject to availability)
• Flights depart from Blackpool Airport
• The general route features the coastline with Blackpool Tower, Pier, Pleasure Beach and the town. Routes may vary slightly due to air traffic control restrictions