Half and Full Day Falconry
• Half days last approximately 3 hours, full days last approximately 6 hours
• Both include a VIP tour of the birds of prey
• Fly a team of Owls, Hawks and a Vulture
• Meet one of the eagles
• Gain an insight to a large number of different species
• Full days allow for a longer handling and flying duration
• A light buffet lunch is included on full days
The Big Four Experience
• Experience lasts approximately 3 hours
• Includes a VIP tour of the birds of prey
• Fly four of the largest birds at the centre, from a selection including Eagles, Owls and Vultures
What Can I Expect
Go wild in the great outdoors with the wonderful birds of prey of Kent! You’ll meet this family of feathered friends at the really rather lovely Eastwell Manor, right in the heart of the Kentish Downs near Ashford.
Ryan and his team are passionate about their work with birds of prey. These dedicated falconers are super knowledgeable and they live and breathe the art of husbandry. Caring, rearing, training and working with birds of prey is definitely a lifestyle and not just a job.
We’ve got a really good range of birds of prey experiences on offer for you at Eastwell. They all give you the chance to get close to these magnificent birds. Each session is very much hands-on and you’ll meet and fly a variety of species of birds during your visit.
The classic Half and Full-day sessions and the ‘Big Four’ experience all start with a VIP tour of the birds, as well as meeting your falconer host and enjoying a welcome coffee. Then it’s time to get your glove on, head out across the estate and start working with the birds.
And believe us, the first time one of these incredible creatures swoops in to land on your gloved hand, it’s an amazing moment. From then on in, you’ll fly lots of different birds, from the teeny owls and the fast falcons, to the graceful hawks, admiring them up close and in full flight.
If you’re on the ‘Big Four’ session, you’ll be flying the biggest birds, concentrating on the larger species of birds of prey. This Kent centre has an impressive collection of Vultures. Then there are those regal Eagles - ferocious hunters in the wild and pretty big birds of prey!
Half-day, full-day or the Big Four, these are all great birds of prey experiences in Kent. We think you’ll love meeting the birds and love the setting too. Group sizes are kept nice and small so you can see what’s going on and experiences are suitable for ages 12 years and up. Why not make a date for all the family with the birds of prey of Eastwell Manor?
• Experiences are available on most weekdays and weekends throughout the year.
• There is minimum age of 12 years old
• All participants under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a participating or spectating adult
• It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes
• A maximum of two spectators per participant is permitted
• There is free on-site parking as well disabled facilities
• Spectators are welcome to attend (fees apply)
• Cameras are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You may form part of a group of up to three other participants
• Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear to be worn
• These bird of prey activities are held at Eastwell Manor, near Ashford
• Easy access from the M20