Choose from a 30, 60 or 90 minute experience •
Welcome at the airport themed reception•
One to one tuition by a commercially qualified pilot •
The tuition will be tailored to your experience of flying and your choice of actions•
A 120 degree wrap around visual system for realism and genuine sounds•
A "jump" seat for your guest to share the experience with you
• This is a 'fixed base' simulator which does not move Fear of Flying Course• The fear of flying session puts you in the cockpit of a professional flight simulator on a virtual airline route
• You will start at the gate with the engines off and experience a 45-60 minutes virtual flight from Gatwick to Belfast
Take to the skies in a 737 anywhere in the world from your seat in this flight simulator near Northampton! This professional simulator is based at Sywell aerodrome in the heart of Northamptonshire and offers top level simulated flight training for us mere enthusiasts, as well as real pilots wanting to expand their experience of flying in different scenarios (think fog over Beijing, or a hail storm over Manhattan at night) - you can even go on an cockpit-based experience to increase confidence if you're scared of flying.
The standard of equipment on this simulator is second to none. Nothing here in Northampton is for show, as everything in this glass cockpit Boeing 737 simulator works; from the in flight oxygen and pressurisation controls, to the autopilot and Flight Management Computer (CDU). Even the throttle is motorised and there are moving trim wheels too. And yes, you get to switch on the seatbelt signs!
We love the fact that as soon as you arrive at this indoor flight training centre you're not far from Northampton, but the simulator experience begins as it means to go on, with an airport style layout to the reception area. This is ideal for those on the fear of flight session which has a different focus to the standard sim courses, as it's all about simulating what it's like flying from Gatwick to Belfast and helpjng you understand to calm those nerves. Once you've 'checked in' for your flight you'll meet your instructor and be shown to the sim.
At first those on the sim courses will be completely mesmerised by the gauges, dials, buttons, levers and digital displays that are everywhere in the cockpit and you might be thinking 'I'll never get this thing off the ground!', but you will, thanks to your patient pilot trainer who will be orchestrating your simulated flight from Northampton...but where will you be going?
Ok, so flight sim fans are ready for the off, but what about that flight path then? The great thing about this flight simulator in Northampton is that what you do and where you fly is entirely up to you. You can either do a full sector (ie a flight from A to B), or multiple scenarios to maximise on the take offs and landings (what most simulator flyers prefer). There is even room for a guest in the fold down extra seat, known as the' jump seat' in the commercial airline trade, so you can invite someone to 'come fly with me' on your simulated flight from Northampton's Sywell Aerodrome.
• This experience is available seven days per week throughout the year
• Sessions run between 10.00 - 19.00 hours
• "Take off" from Sywell Aerodrome, Northampton
• The minimum age limit is 12
• Suitable for complete novices, domestic passengers or fully trained pilots
• The activity takes place on an active aerodrome next to the Aviator hotel which has apart from accommodation, a viewing area, restaurant and refreshments
• There is a museum on the aerodrome run by volunteers - hours may vary
• Spectators are also welcome to wait in the reception area