• A welcome and safety briefing
• A practice session
• Three heats of six minutes for each driver followed by finals of seven minute races
• Please visit the main
section for details on other IntotheBlue karting experiences
It’s the first step on the road that takes a lucky few all the way to Formula 1. But for the rest of us there’s the sheer excitement, thrills and fun of competitive kart driving. The karts here in Lancashire are simple to operate, with just brake and accelerator pedals, but don't be fooled, these twin-engined powerful karts take some handling - especially when they reach speeds of up to 70mph.
Whether you're new to karting or have years of experience, are heading out on the track solo or with friends this is a superb circuit If you fancy adrenaline-fuelled fun, driving on the most versatile outdoor track in the UK, then this karting blast is perfect for you. With no restrictions on the number of laps and with a maximum of 20 drivers per session, this is all about you letting rip and having a blast.
The outdoor circuit near Wigan, Lancashire, is equipped with a fleet of 390cc SODI Karts and is one of the best in the north-west.
The experience starts with signing on, kitting up with race suit, helmet and gloves with a video briefing session. Then it's out onto the track! You will be racing in an Open Grand Prix with a format allowing plenty of driving time around the 1km outdoor race circuit which is one of the fastest outdoor circuits for non-gearboxed karts.
The session begins with a five minute practice for all drivers followed by three heats of six minutes each for each driver. Then all drivers go through to compete in the Grand Prix finals, which consists of seven minute races with the fastest driver receiving a trophy and a voucher for free entrance to the next Open Grand Prix at this fun venue near Wigan.
• Open Grand Prix Karting sessions operate on Monday evenings at 20:00 and selected weekend dates throughout the year
• Drivers must be over the age of 17 to drive the twin-engined Pro-Karts
• Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult as an indemnity must be signed
• Maximum height is 6'2"
• Spectators are welcome
• There are excellent facilities with refreshments available all day