• Welcome and introduction to the winery
• Tour of the winery lasting approximately 90 minutes
• Sample tastings of 8 varieties including wines, sparkling wines, ciders and non-alcoholic drinks
• Two course lunch with a drink for two people
• One bottle of wine to take home per couple
• You may be part of a group
What Can I Expect
Take a peek around a rather unique family business when you go wine tasting in Scotland - where fruit wines, ciders and juices are all produced using locally grown fruits. We think this is the tastiest winery we've ever come across - and it's in the heart of the very picturesque Scottish countryside.
On paper this place sounds just like any other vineyard. A small concern that takes pride on fermenting and bottling their own wines, offering tours, tastings and refreshments in their own on site cafe. What makes this wine tasting in Scotland different is the wine itself. Forget using grapes, this is all about making the most of the very best of Scottish agriculture including strawberries, raspberries and elderberries, to name but a few, to create fabulously fruity wines.
If you've never tasted a fruit wine before, this funky little winery in Scotland offers a superb introduction to the rainbow of colours and flavours that wines made from fruits, berries and leaves boast. This experience includes a tour of the winery, where you'll learn that these fruit wines are matured for at least a year to make sure they have a good 'vinosity' (we like this word - and your expert will guide will explain it to you!).
Of course, you don't just get to look at how the fruits are fermented or simply watch the fancy automated bottling process, you do actually get to find out what these unusual Scottish brews actually taste like. You will enjoy a tutored tasting of several of the winery's leading bottles, including a sparkling fruit wine, cider and a classic from the cellar, such as the much loved strawberry wine
This Scottish vineyard is set in a restored 18th century homestead, owned by Ron and Judith Gilles, who have been creating and nurturing and tasting their wines produced here in Scotland since 1987. And we love how they describe their Cairn o'Mohr winery: 'Nothing fancy, just the best and freshest ingredients we can get, grow or find'. The berries, flowers and leaves that are used are all lovingly blended to create very distinctive wines and on this experience you will discover everything about the wine making process from this wonderfully eccentric team!
Your wine tasting in Scotland experience actually starts in the best way possible with a tasty two course lunch, usually a soup or salad with a stovie, which is a classic Scottish stew-type dish. You'll then tour the production process before enjoying that informal tasting session so you get a real feel for the wines made here in Perthshire. Before you head back home, you'll be presented with a bottle of vino from the homestead to take away with you.
• Available on Wednesday, Saturday and Sundays between April and October
• The tour will take place at 12.30pm followed by lunch in the cafe at 2.15pm
• Under 18's will receive non-alcoholic drinks
• Children are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Two course lunch options available for vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and non-alcoholic
• The winery, cafe, decking and tour experience is fully accessible
• East Inchmichael, Errol, Perthshire