• A 1950's inspired makeover and photoshoot
• Allow spending 3 hours at the studio
• Pre shoot consultation
• 50's styled make up and hair styling session
• 1950's themed outfits in a variety of sizes and props are provided
• One A4 image which will be professionally re-touched
• All photo shoots are 1:1 with the photographer
• FREE £50 voucher to spend on wall hangings/albums or portfolios (vouchers can not be redeemed against prints)
What Can I Expect
This is Peggy Sue-styled pin up photography at its best! When it comes to iconic looks, the 1950s is hard to beat. This Peggy Sue makeover shoot lets you step straight back to 1957 when Buddy Holly’s hits were rocking radios right across the US of A.
For girls and boys living their young years in the 50s, their idols were Buddy Holly, Elvis, Little Richard and Chuck Berry. They watched stars like James Dean, Fonzi, Audrey Hepburn and Liz Taylor at the flicks and on that new-fangled thing called the television.
This is also where much of the inspiration for 50s hairstyles and makeup came from. The fluffy kiss curls of the ‘Italian cut’, the high-pony tail and short fringe of the Beat Girl look, the bubble cut and the poodle cut all became popular.
For your retro pin up photoshoot you’ll be coiffed in a classic 1950s style, have that smokey-eyed makeup applied that’s so synonymous with the decade and try out some of the Americano fashion looks too, from bobby sox and polka dot poodle skirts, to headscarves and sweater sets.
Having enjoyed your 1950s makeover and now looking like a vintage pin up diner girl, it’s time to step in front of the camera. There’ll even be a selection of 1950s props and backdrops (think everything from bakelite telephones and hairdryers, to open-top motoring looks and dance hall nights!) to make your photoshoot authentically retro.
The 1950s was the age when the teenager was defined. You were allowed to love music and dancing. You experimented with hair styles, makeup and clothes. These pin up photography sessions do the same, albeit several decades later and they're great fun.
• Appointments are available from on weekdays and weekends throughout the year, including bank holidays depending on the location
• Viewings are not always instant; a later appointment may be made to view your pictures
• Once you have purchased a voucher you will book in directly with the operator
• Specific availability will vary depending on the studio chosen
• Minimum age 18
• Make sure you come with clean hair with no products in it and no make up on
• If you have sensitive skin or are allergic to any products please inform the studio in advance
• Bring different articles of clothing to ensure you get the best looks. Some ideas that look great are jeans and a casual white shirt
• You can never bring too many clothes, don't forget shoes and accessories
• Wear a strapless bra or bring one along to avoid strap marks on the photos
• Do not apply fake tan prior to the session
• The experiences are not suitable for non participating guests, however, most studios have comfortable waiting areas for parents or friends
• Rates are usually available if they want to take part as well
• Toilets are provided along with complimentary tea, coffee and water
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• No more than one voucher can be used in a 12 month period per person
• When making your booking you will be asked for a fully refundable deposit of £30
• Additional images are available to purchase at the studio with prices varying depending on size and quantity
• Facilities vary at each studio however, each venue will provide a hair and styling studio, photo set and viewing areas
• There may be an additional charge if you want your order posting out to you
• There are 16 locations available in the UK