A One Hour Axe Throwing Session
• Welcome and safety briefing
• All equipment is provided
• Learn techniques required to hit the targets accurately
• Group size can be up to 10 participants
Axe Throwing and Archery Combo
• In addition to the one-hour axe throwing session also receive a one-hour archery lesson
• Choose from either Laporte or traditional archery
• Unlimited targets
• Compete against fellow competitors
What Can I Expect
Fancy a bit of axe throwing near Manchester? Why not make the journey south to this brilliant outdoor activity centre near Macclesfield, to see if you’ve got what it takes to hurl some axes - and you can even add in a spot of archery too!
It’s a proper woodland setting for these axe adventures. Not far from the village of Rushton Spencer on the edge of the wonderful Peak District, you’ll find the team is ready and waiting to teach you all you need to know about lobbing axes into big chunks of wood. It might sound more akin to the weekend pastime of a Canadian lumberjack, but it’s really, really good fun.
And if you take onboard the safety and rules, chucking axes about is actually a really safe activity, as it's in a very controlled environment. Of course, everything you need to know will all be explained to you by the team before you set off for the woodland clearing where the activity takes place. It’s all about stance and your throwing arm action. Get it wrong and the axe just plops down on the grass. But get it right and you’ll hear that satisfying thud as the axe imbeds itself in the target. Yay!
You’ll be trying your hand at throwing Flying Angel axes (these are smaller, hand-held axes) and then progressing to the larger Tomahawks. And there’s no need to work on those biceps beforehand though, there are different weights of axe and it’s actually all about technique, rather than strength.
If you want to keep the fun going longer, why not add on an archery session to your axe throwing experience in Manchester? You’ll spend another hour on site honing your bow and arrow skills to see if you will be right on target. We think you’ll love lobbing those axes and firing those arrows at this venue that is friendly, welcoming and easy to get to from Manchester, Macclesfield and Staffordshire too.
• Available on selected weekend dates between March and December, subject to availability
• Minimum age is 12
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Suitable outdoor clothing and sensible footwear should be worn
• Spectators are welcome to watch from a designated area of safety
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Camping facilities are very close by
• Rushton Spencer, Heaton, Cheshire on the edge of the Peak District National Park near Macclesfield