• Drive a replica AC Cobra
• Choose from a 3 lap or 6 mile experience
• Welcome introduction and safety briefing
• Drive the ultra-lightweight car with 650BHP available
• Allow between 1 and 1.5 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
This is the AC Cobra driving experience - probably one of the best-sounding cars ever produced! Only 998 of the original Cobras were built, but faithful replicas like this one keep the fans’ dreams of driving an AC Cobra very much alive and kicking. Prepare to be wowed by this beautifully replicated AC Cobra.
Originally, the Cobra was an Anglo-American project of the 1960s. Known as the AC Cobra in the UK and the Shelby Cobra across the pond, the car started life as a fairly modest 2.6l, before a certain Carroll Shelby rocked up and asked AC personally to build a Cobra with a V8 engine. Ford jumped at the chance, as the marque wanted a race car to compete with the Corvette.
Nowadays there are lot of what those in the automotive trade call ‘continuation cars’, which are basically newly built versions of cars that have gone out of production. The AC Cobra you’ll be driving on this experience is indeed a replica and having been built with glass fibre panels means the car is super light - giving you massive amounts of power.
It’s also faithful to the original build with that distinctive curvy Cobra body styling and, perhaps most importantly, a proper American V8 engine underneath that long bonnet. Aficionados will also tell you that a traditional manual gearbox is a must for any serious Cobra replica and that’s exactly what you get with this AC Cobra experience.
As if you didn’t need any more convincing that this car is a timeless classic that lives on, just think about how many cult film and TV shows the Cobra has appeared in. From US TV hit series ‘Suits’, to the ‘2Fast2Real’ movie, via the cult classic Welsh film ‘Twin Town’, where the two brothers steal an AC Cobra replica - and drive it straight across a football pitch.
We are offering you the choice between a three and six-mile AC Cobra driving experience at various tracks around the UK. The likelihood is that you’ll hear this AC Cobra replica car before you can even see it on these track days, so be prepared. This is most definitely a statement car that you’ll be driving, albeit a slightly underground one, with a very loyal following.
• Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Dates and session times are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Minimum age 17
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• Participants must hold a full valid UK Driving licence
• This is not suitable is you have suffered from back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Norfolk Gliding Club
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Honnington, Suffolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
** Premium MSA race track £35 supplement applies, payable direct
* Weekend upgrade £25
• Castle Combe** Adults only
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire*
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey**
• All locations are subject to change