• A 90 minute Kayaking tour
• Safety briefing and introduction to kayaking
• Paddle your way along the River Thames to Hampton Court Palace
• En route historical knowledge and information on various landmarks on the river
• Tours are guided by British Canoe Union instructors
• Allow up to two hours for the whole activity
• You will form part of a group of up to six people
What Can I Expect
Take to the Thames for a fantastic day out! On this special trip, you will have the chance to drift peacefully in your kayak, on a gentle self-powered sightseeing tour from the river that will show you all the sights of this well-to-do area in Surrey, from the unique viewpoint of the water.
This is a first class opportunity to glide past the grandeur of Hampton Court palace, taking in the striking architecture from an unrivalled perspective. The whole tour will be hosted by a fully qualified British Canoe Union (BCU) instructor, who will also act as tour guide, pointing out key places of interest and filling you in on all the history as you pass by.
During the 90 minute tranquil experience on the water, you will set off from the slipway beside the pub “Ye Olde Swan” at Thames Ditton and witness the beauty and some of the well-known and less well-known landmarks along this part of the river . However, the Palace itself has to be the highlight of this remarkable tour.
From your kayak, you will gain an unmatched riverside view of the iconic glittering golden gates that lead the way to Hampton Court Palace. Originally built for Cardinal Wolsey and then later taken back by King Henry VIII in the early 16th Century, when the palace was extended. Hampton Court is a stunning mix of two distinctly contrasting architectural styles, domestic Tudor and Baroque and you'll see everything from the likes of the estate's riding school to the Royal Mews.
To get the most from this day out you do not need to be a professional in kayaking, as initial training is given to all guests, making sure everyone is ready to face the open water. In addition, of course, all the safety gear is issued before setting sail. Make sure to take full advantage of this brilliant offer, book today to avoid disappointment!
• Available daily throughout the year
• Times may vary according to seasonal light
• Participants should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the course time
• Minimum age 9
• All under 18's must be supervised by a participating adult
• Minimum height 1.2 metres and maximum weight 120 kg
• Spectators are welcome to watch the departure
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should wear comfortable clothes (avoid jeans) suitable for physical activity in kayaks
• Rain jackets (limited stocks for hire at a charge) and fleeces are recommended
• Wet suits may be advantage in cooler weather
• A change of clothing in case you get wet and a towel
• Trainers or crocs should be worn in the kayak
• Avoid open toe/slip off shoes and flip flops
• You are advised to take plasters, fingerless gloves, sun screen and bottled water
• There is car parking at the leisure centre meeting point where toilets and cafe facilities may also be found
• Valuables may be stored/locked in the company van or in dry bags in the hatches of the kayaks
• Paddle from the public slipway beside the Ye Olde Swan pub in Thames Ditton.