• On half day experiences you choose between kayaking or canoeing for one three hour session
• On full days you'll have two x three hour sessions, spending the morning in a canoe, and the afternoon in a kayak
• Maximum tuition ratio of 8:1
• All equipment is provided
What Can I Expect
Try your hand at Canoeing or Kayaking at this purpose built boating centre, conveniently located at the heart of the UK in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. Enjoy a serene drifting experience as you travel down the picturesque river Leam at your own pace.
This great opportunity takes place on the beautifully scenic River Leam, an ideal location for both beginners and those with some prior experience. Your instructor will discuss any previous experience with you to tailor the session perfectly, ensuring everyone has an enjoyable time whether you are new to paddle sports or not.
During these fully tutored canoe or kayak sessions, you can expect to learn the basics of kayaking or canoeing whilst enjoying a quaint river trip. And of course, this Leamington Spa venue is a British Canoeing Quality Marked Centre, with fully qualified, passionate instructors.
The half and full day courses operate as a group session, providing you with plenty of time to get the hang of handling your kayak or canoe on the water, so you can get paddling in style.
Half-day trips give you one session out on the water, whilst the full day package will see you enjoying two sessions; one open canoeing and one open kayaking, including a break for lunch (lunch is not provided, but there are plenty of lovely cafes within walking distance). As your confidence builds, you may even be able to play a few water-based games to put your new skills to the test.
This fantastic offer provides a fun range of activities for both children and adults. It is situated within the beautiful Victorian parks, just a short distance from the botanical glasshouse and only a five minute walk from the town centre. So what are you waiting for, take part in the exhilarating thrill of being out on the water and book a canoe or kayak experience around the waters of Warwickshire today! Canoeing and kayaking lessons are available at alternative venues.
• Sessions operate on selected weekend days, approx twice a month, from March to October
• Canoe session usually run 1030-1330 and Kayaks 1430-1730.
• If you have a group of three or more you can book a group session any time in the year (subject to availability)
• Activities may be cancelled or curtailed in extreme weather conditions
• Sessions are not cancelled because of rain, as paddling in the rain is fun!
• Minimum age 14
• You must be reasonably fit and confident in the water
• It is not necessary to be able to swim, as buoyancy aids are worn at all times. You must, however, inform your instructor if you are not a confident swimmer
• You'll be asked to complete a medical declaration form before taking part for those under 18 this will need to be signed by a parent, guardian or responsible adult
• You should wear basic sports clothing which you don't mind getting damp or wet such as shorts/old tracksuit, t-shirt and old trainers, sandals or wet shoes and a fleece is a good idea if it's cool
• If you wear glasses it is a good idea to secure them with elastic
• A complete change of clothes is necessary
• Spectators are welcome
• The boat centre is located within a fully restored Victorian boat house providing toilets, showers and changing rooms
• Drinks, ice creams and snacks are available and spectators can hire a boat and enjoy themselves on the river too
• Being in the centre of town, there is easy access to shops, restaurants, the Botanical Gardens & other visitor attractions
• There is also a childrens playground adjacent to the centre
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The boat centre is located in Royal Leamington Spa's famous Victorian Jephson Gardens
• Easy access from the M40, M69 and M6