• You will receive a full safety briefing and all the training you'll need, as well as all the equipment, like paddles, wet suits, buoyancy aid and helmet and splash jacket
• During the time when the courses are run, the weather will not normally cause a run to be cancelled
• Your session will last around 3 hours
• In the unlikely event that your run is postponed, another date will be offered to you
• White water rafting is just one of a range of water sport activities from IntotheBlue!
What Can I Expect
Ideal for learning, White Water Rafting Wales out on the River Dee is a big draw for novice and expert rafters alike who come from all over North Wales and beyond to ride the white waters, rafting with the likes of Commonwealth Champion Jimmy Jayes who founded this school in 1985.
The conditions around this area of Wales means there is excellent and reliable white water for rafting throughout the year, this is one of the best white water rivers in the UK. So you can expect to be swirled around and go bobbing up and down all over the place!
For a less challenging (but no less thrilling) session, a stretch of Welsh water approximately two thirds of a mile long near local amenities is the starting point, making it perfect for welcoming those who have already been rafting before as well as total beginners to the white water experience in this part of Wales, as well as their friends and family who want to spectate.
If you choose to take to the raft in the summer months, you'll discover the river level is usually lower, which means less white water, but this allows more opportunity to play in the clear waters of Wales and, as well as rafting, maybe have a go at body surfing, rapid swimming or weir walking.
White water rafting Wales - our experience gives you between two and four chances to run the rapids with your crew in the six to eight man raft, depending on the time spent getting down this section of the River Dee in North Wales. Oh and you WILL get wet!
• This experience is available all year round, however please note availability may be limited during winter months (November - February)
• Start times are usually 9.30, 10.15, 13:30 and 14.15
• You will need to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of your experience
• Minimum age is 8 with no upper age limit so adults and kids may be rafting together
• There is a maximum weight of 18 stone
• Participants do not have to be able to swim but need to be confident in moving water
• No pregnant women
• This North Wales white water rafting venue welcomes friends and family
• There is an excellent view over the main rapids from the bank
• Toilets and changing facilities are on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The operator can also advise on a wide range of excellent accommodation options in the areas (Prices are subject to change)
• This White Water Activity centre is about one mile away from Llangollen town centre on the A5 towards Conwen