• Two Hour Paddleboarding Lesson
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Move from kneeling on the board to standing up, learn paddle strokes, turns and tricks and games
• All equipment including boards, paddles, leashes, buoyancy aids and wetsuits (if required) are included
• Lessons will take place with one instructor to a maximum of 6 participants
What Can I Expect
Explore the wonderful waterways when you go paddleboarding on the River Avon! This Stand Up Paddleboarding school runs beginner ‘Ready to Ride’ SUP sessions on the calm waters of the River Avon at Keynsham near Bristol. This is your chance to learn to SUP in the Avon Valley.
These paddleboarding lessons based in the heart of the Avon Valley are hosted by Tristan and Katy who love what they do. Katy was born and bred near the water and can be seen out on her board in all weathers. Tristan was a surfer who got so hooked on stand up paddle boarding that he set up a business at this outdoor and adventure park south of Bristol.
These two passionate SUP instructors firmly believe that anyone can paddle board. Before starting to teach, the duo did lots of research into the best SUP kit for beginners. After a 200 mile long trip along the River Severn to the sea, they finally concluded that the rigid inflatable SUP boards they had chosen were perfect for everyone from beginners to accomplished paddle boarders, being rigid, stable, light and easy to ride too.
And so this stand up paddleboarding business in the Avon Valley was born. Teaching first time SUPers in groups of no more than six, the tranquil stretch of the River Avon where the paddle board lessons take place will open you up to the peace, joy and fun of SUP.
Your ‘Ready to Ride’ lesson will begin on the banks of the River Avon as the equipment needed to paddle board is introduced to you. Once you’re kitted out in your wetsuit and buoyancy aid with a suitably sized paddle in your hand, board under your arm and leash around your leg, it’s time to take to the water.
Starting off kneeling on the board, you’ll learn the paddle techniques and get used to the feel of being on the board (and believe us, it’s not as wobbly as you think!) as you paddle around. Then you’ll progress to standing up and doing turns. Once you’ve got this cracked, you’re off, cutting through the water like a SUP pro, paddleboarding confidently along the River Avon. Your session ends with some onboard games to show you just how versatile these stand up paddleboards are.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Child vouchers are valid for 10-15 year olds
• Adult vouchers are valid for ages 16+
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult for groups of 3 or more
• Spectators are welcome to watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Free onsite parking and toilet facilities
• Entry to the Park is not included for participants or spectators, however a 10% discount to is offered giving access to the park, animals and cafe
• Avon Valley Wildlife and Adventure Park, Keynsham, Bristol