A Deluxe Wine Tour with Overnight Stay for Two People
• An overnight stay with breakfast at The Brickwell Hotel, a lovely local Hotel in Sedlescombe
• A self guided tour of the vineyard and woodland nature trail
• Information on the vineyard and an insight into the organic wine industry
• Guided tour of the winery; see the equipment used to crush and press the grapes, tanks, filters and corking machines
• Learn about the process of making wine
• Tutored tasting of 6 organic wines, including whites, rose, red and sparkling as well as liqueurs made at the vineyard in the Bar
• You may be in part of a group of up to 12 people
• A bottle of 2014 red or 2013 white wine to take home
• Choose one of the following dining options:
• Deluxe Ploughman's Lunch - Farmhouse pate, ham and cheese with local, freshly baked artisan rolls, fresh and dried fruits, and a glass of wine of your choice
• Deluxe Afternoon Tea - Smoked salmon, caviar, quails eggs and prawns followed by fresh strawberries and raspberries with clotted cream and chocolate sponge cake, served with a glass of pink fizz (non-seafood alternative available upon request)
What Can I Expect
Spend a couple of days discovering Sedlescombe Organic Vineyard, staying in a lovely country hotel nearby for the ultimate in wine getaway breaks! These packages are all about classic English countryside, small and friendly accommodation and vino all rolled into one. We can't think of a better way to enjoy a short break!
Indeed, these wine tasting breaks are truly a gourmet’s delight, as you get to explore the vineyards on a self-guided tour and find out all about the processes inside the winery that turn all those juicy grapes into delicious red, white and sparkling wines. And just as you’d expect, there’s a tutored wine tasting at the in-house Bar-in-the-Barn, so you can sample some of the delicious wines being produced by Sedlescombe.
The gastronomic extravaganza continues with your choice between a deluxe Ploughman’s or Afternoon tea at the vineyard's restaurant. Of course, a little glass of something will be served to accompany your tasty eats.
No wine break would be complete without a night’s accommodation in a delightful local hotel just like the Brickwall Hotel in the village of Sedlescombe.
The Brickwall Hotel, is only five minutes away by car from the vineyard in the neighbouring village of Sedlescombe itself. Built for an iron master in 1599, this Tudor mansion offers 25 traditional bedrooms in its impressive mansion house setting.
The hotel is well-placed for providing the the perfect place at which to relax and get a good night’s sleep after your fascinating wine-themed day at the nearby Sedlescombe organic vineyard and winery. We think this wine tasting break offering a superb blend of wine and food, combined with overnight accommodation, make for the ideal packages to treat the gourmet guru in your life with!
• March to October within the vine growing season
• Other selected dates by arrangement
• Weekdays and weekends are available
• Minimum age 18
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Sedlescombe Organic Vineyard, Robertsbridge, East Sussex
• The Brickwall Hotel, Sedlescombe