• 3 night weekend or 4 night weekday break in a thatched cottage
• Welcome pack with essentials including - bread, milk, tea, coffee, eggs, cereal, fruit juice, biscuits, chocolate, crisps and individual portions of jam, marmalade and butter*
• Freeview TV, Wifi Internet access, DVD and CD player
* For that extra special occassion, Prosecco and chocolates available for an additional £15 payable when making your booking
What Can I Expect
Leave those soul-less chain hotels behind and book a romantic cottage break instead! Pack yourself an overnight bag and head to this gorgeous little thatched holiday cottage deep in the Buckinghamshire countryside for a relaxed short break treat.
Little Thatch is one of a higgledy-piggledy row of stone cottages with thatched roofs. Just as you’d expect from any self-respecting chocolate-box cottage, this one comes complete with roses around the door and a small, but perfectly formed box hedge in the front garden.
Walk up to the front door and it’s all very much classic English cottage garden. Sit for a while on the wooden bench under the window and contemplate the view. Is that the sound of gently flowing water you can hear? That’ll be the brook that runs along the bottom of the lane. Glance across the field of cows opposite and you’ll catch sight of the Parish church. Listen a little longer and you’ll hear, well, not much actually, because this is farming country. It’s very much all about cattle grazing, ears of corn waving in the wind and mud-caked Land Rovers towing horse boxes along hedge-lined narrow country lanes around these parts.
But all this country living, quaintness and centuries old buildings doesn’t mean a lack of modern conveniences. Under that cosy thatch roof there’s a delightful little dwelling with wifi, Sky TV and a fully fitted kitchen (a suitably countrified pine one at that!), so this cottage really does have everything you need for a few days away.
There is still plenty of evidence to life a few hundred years ago around 1650 when this thatched cottage was built. There’s the charming inglenook fireplace (now housing a woodburner with logs provided for that cosy night in part of your break) and then there are the really, really low beams. It might be a case of ‘mind your head’ but it all just adds to the rustic feel of this wonderful little holiday cottage.
And then there’s the very romantic bedroom. Getting to it means climbing up a steep little staircase, but once at the top, it opens out into a stunning bedroom, with the apex dominated by the twisted and bowed beams and rafters and the undulating plaster, all topped off with that thick thatch roof to naturally insulate the cottage. Just beautiful.
If you’ve never slept or lived in a thatched cottage, it’s said it does have a very special feel to it. This romantic cottage break lets you experience life in the slow lane, with not much to do. But that’s the whole point. At a stretch you could maybe get your wellies on and head off on some of the many public footpaths, go cycling or maybe explore facilities such as the many golf courses in the area or even nearby Silverstone race track, otherwise just kick back and chill at this delightful little cottage.
• Choose from a weekend or weekday break
• 3 night weekend break from 3pm Friday until 10.30am Monday
• 4 night weekday break from 3pm Monday until 10.30am Friday
Off Peak Break
• Valid for use: 3 January until 29 March and 28 September until 13th December (excluding Valentines Day when peak rates apply)
• Valid for use: In addition to the above vouchers are also available for use between 30 March until 21 June
• Minimum age 18
• No pets are permitted
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Lillingstone Lovell, Buckingham