• Two Night Tipi Retreat for Two People
• Double bed with comfy mattress and organic bed linen
• Tipis are furnished with cushions, a coffee table and sheepskin rugs
• Chiminea with wood and kindling
• 2 ring gas stove for cooking, complete with utensils, crockery and cutlery
• Candles and lanterns
• Each tipi has its own private washing and toilet unit and an outdoor wood-fired bath. Facilities are outdoor and environmentally friendly with a toilet, shower and basin unit fed by local spring water (There is no running hot water)
What Can I Expect
Delight in a magical weekend with a teepee break in the heart of the Welsh countryside! It’s a great idea to have a weekend in the great outdoors with all that fresh air - and this is the easiest option – you don’t even have to put up your own tent, let alone lug along all that bulky camping equipment.
This break is all about giving you the outdoor experience without the hassle, staying in a glorious 21ft teepee with everything you need to stay warm and cosy. Its miles from the nearest house so there’s no electricity or gadgets to distract you from the crackling of the wood fire and the peacefulness of the neighbouring woods and streams.
Each teepee (or tipi) boasts a full size double bed, so there will be no bad backs from sleeping on roll mats. There are luxurious furnishings and everything is heated with a central wood-burning stove and lit with candles. Toilets and washing facilities use natural spring water and there's even a little cooking area for you as well.
Romantic, environmentally friendly and relaxing, we think these teepees are pretty cool and what's more there are only three of them spread over 50 acres, so calm is guaranteed! Lying in bed at night, a fire burning, candles glowing softly amid the complete stillness, you could be a million miles from civilisation. Pure bliss. And with no light pollution from the city streets, you can spend ages just staring up in awe at the star-filled sky - with luck you might see a shooting star.
On these lovely teepee weekends we doubt you'll get up to much more than snuggling up at night in front of the fire and gazing out at the gorgeous scenery of the Dyfi Forest during the daytime, but if you do feel like being active, there are lots of beautiful walks, mountain bike trails and climbing routes. Nearby there’s the fascinating Centre for Alternative Technology to visit where you can catch up on the latest innovative green living ideas and research which is a truly fascinating place to visit.
• Choose from a weekday or weekend voucher
• Weekend rates apply for any stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night
• Peak midweek dates in 2016 are 23-29 May and 18 July-31 August
• Tipi breaks are available from end March to early November
• Check in at 4pm and check out at 11am on day three
• Arrival days are Mondays and Wednesdays for weekday stays and Fridays for weekend stays. Arrival on other days is available for a surcharge when making your booking
• Minimum age 18
• You will need to bring food and suitable outdoor clothing
• This experience is not suitable for spectators
• A welcome tent on site has a 24 hour emergency phone, first aid kit and information on local walks, activities and amenities
• Free parking on site
• No pets allowed as surrounding farmland is grazed
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Healing and evening meditation sessions are available for an additional charge when booking your date
• Machynlleth, Powys, Wales
• South of Snowdonia National Park