A Two Night Yurt Retreat staying in either:
The River Yurt Retreat for two people
• Double bed with comfy mattress and organic bed linen
• Yurts are furnished with cushions, a coffee table and sheepskin rugs
The Meadow Yurt for 4-6 people
• A double bed and two single futons with bedding provided
• Room for two self-inflating sleeping mats (provided by the operator)
• You will need to bring your own bedding for the two self-inflating mats
• Each yurt has its own private washing and toilet unit and an outdoor wood-fired bath. Facilities are outdoor and environmentally friendly with a toilet, shower and basin unit fed by local spring water (there is no running hot water)
• Chiminea with wood and kindling
• 2 ring gas stove for cooking, complete with utensils, crockery and cutlery
• Candles and lanterns
What Can I Expect
Welcome to these yurts in Wales, where escapism, rural beauty and a stunning backdrop are the main events for your two night stay! This is your chance to just go with the flow, relax and let time just slip away…
Situated around seven miles north east of Machynlleth (affectionately known as ‘Mach’ to locals and visitors alike), this is the best of Welsh yurting for you. And it’s certainly going to be a retreat in the best sense of the word, as you are miles away from anything but nature and this is ‘off-grid’ living, so no mains electricity.
Access to this yurt retreat is via a 4.5 mile forest track, which gives you the perfect introduction to all that awaits. Run by Michael and ChaNan, this remote and very secluded corner of Wales is in the heart of the Dyfi (Dovey) Valley. It’s a 1300 acre organic farm, so the pasture-land all around is grazed, with 50 acres set aside for the yurts and tipis.
We are offering two yurts for you in Wales. The two-berth Riverside Yurt, which is tucked away in its own spot just by the banks of the stream, is ideal for paddling and playing pooh sticks, whilst the larger, 4-6 berth Meadow Yurt is hidden in a peaceful and colourful wild flower meadow.
Both yurts feature a beautifully hand-made double bed, crafted out of oak collected on the farm and locally-sourced larch. The same talented craftspeople (along with with local Welsh tentmakers) also actually built these yurts. And they're in a traditional Mongolian-style, complete with yurt roof wheel, which is your eye to the sky for star gazing and cloud watching!
Those lovely Welsh-made double beds come made up with cosy sheep skins and organic linen on and there’s everything else you need for a yurt stay including a little cooking stove, a welcome pack with teas and coffees and even a clay cool pot. As for the washing and toilet facilities, they’re in a little separate outbuilding adjacent to your yurt and they’re all yours.
This getaway is all about feeling at one with nature (and you can book healing and guided meditation sessions too), bonding with loved ones and just appreciating this gorgeous corner of Wales. If you’re interested or even just remotely curious about sustainable living, a visit to the nearby Centre for Alternative Technology is a must and art fans will love MOMA Wales. Mind you, when it comes to yurts in Wales, nothing beats just chilling on the handcrafted wooden bench outside and reflecting on, well nothing!
• Choose from a weekday only voucher or to include a stay that includes a Friday or Saturday night opt for the anytime voucher
• Yurt retreats are available from end March to early November
• Normal arrival days are Monday, Wednesday and Friday
• Check in at 4pm and check out at 11am on day three
• Minimum age 18
• You will need to bring food and suitable outdoor clothing
• Meadow Yurts are available for families
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• A welcome tent on site has a 24 hour emergency phone, first aid kit and information on local walks, activities and amenities
• Free parking on site
• No pets allowed as surrounding farmland is grazed
• Healing and evening meditation sessions are available for an additional charge when booking your date
• Machynlleth, Powys, Wales - South of Snowdonia National Park