• Receive a DNA testing kit and collect your DNA using a simple mouth swab
• Return the swabs to be profiled and compared to 1200 world population groups and 32 regions
• Your DNA matches may reflect not only your more recent ancestors but can also reveal traces of more ancient contributions
• Testing will be completed within 2-3 weeks from receipt of the samples
• You will receive a 10 page report identifying which populations your DNA most closely matches
• Tests are analysed by the UK Government approved DNA testing company DDC Laboratories
• Results are sent by email, if you would like your results posted out there will be a £15 charge
What Can I Expect
Think you know who you are? Take an ancestry population-match DNA test to discover where your DNA is most commonly found in the world! This is a home DNA test that allows anyone to go on a fabulous journey of identity. Discover your roots by going back into history to explore your very own heritage - the results just might surprise you.
We all want to know who we are and where we come from - it's human nature. DNA testing uses a clever thing called STR analysis, algorithms, and many great databases to give you the ability to look back through your family's lineage.
The DNA test itself is very simple. Your kit comes with mouth swabs to collect your DNA easily at home and in your own time. You then send the sample off to the lab and a profile is compiled from your DNA. And this is the clever bit: the autosomal data you have is inherited from both of your parents and this is where all the answers to your ancestors lie. There are over 1,200 world population groups and 32 different regions, all tested and analysed for your 10-page personalised report.
And it's not just the recent ancestors! The technology is so good now that scientists go back thousands of years. You'll be amazed at just how diverse we can all be, with descendants coming from every corner of the globe, making humanity a true melting pot.
Indeed, taking an ancestry population match DNA is a real journey. Many of you have probably already done some genealogy and researched your family tree on one or both sides of the family to discover more about your ancestry. If so, a DNA test like this can confirm (or upturn!) the thins you've discovered, or thought you knew about your history.
After a couple of weeks you'll receive your results. It really is a heart-pounding moment when you open the envelope to discover more about your ancestry. But remember, no matter what the results say, you are still you! It's all truly fascinating and with DNA tests now being very affordable, who wouldn't want to know more about their ancestry?
• DNA samples can be collected from any age
• Consent is required from all individuals who will be tested
• Under 18s will require permission from a parent or legal guardian
• Consent forms are included with the sample collection kit
Anything Else I Need To Know?