• Enjoy a day of expert tuition from friendly photography teachers
• Get the best from your equipment and take photos in new and exciting styles
• Entrance to your chosen venue and course notes are also included
• You'll usually be part of a group of up to 12
What Can I Expect
Learn to get imaginative and artistic with your camera on a creative digital photography course! These one day courses take place at venues the length and breadth of the UK and all have three things in common - a stunning location, great teaching and suitability for photographers with existing knowledge of using a DSLR camera.
Your host for the day is Phil, a professional photographer with heaps of experience as a pro snapper who is also a superb teacher offering lively, animated and inspiring days out for any budding digital photographer. As for where these one day courses takes place, the venues are all carefully chosen and many of them are National Trusts properties, offering some very photogenic subjects and creative scenes just waiting to be snapped by you and your fellow camera colleagues.
Many keen amateur photographers own digital SLR cameras these days and we can all take pictures on them, but this course will give you the confidence to try new techniques and get that creative spark back into your photography. Phil describes the idea of the course as ‘taking some of the photography rules and gently bending them’ to create some innovative and highly original shots.
Indeed, it’s all about learning how to manipulate things like shutter speed, aperture and ISO settings and using some of Phil’s nifty little photography tricks. All this will encourage you into thinking outside the (light)box to get some really rather impressive and expressive results that’ll get you asking ‘did I really shoot that?’ and certainly have your friends and family admiring your creativity with the camera.
What we love most about these creative digital photography courses is that they are friendly, convivial and really informative. You'll find yourself immersed in a world of creativity surrounded by like-minded people, all guided by enthusiastic professionals. Group sizes are kept small, with no more than 12 pupils, so you will always feel part of the action.
• Courses usually run from 10am to 4pm or 11am to 5pm
• There are usually multiple courses running each month with various locations available across the UK
• Some venues are closed during winter months
• Courses are ideal for anyone who already knows how to operate a DSLR camera
• Minimum age is 12 years
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a paying adult
• You will need to bring your own camera, batteries and empty memory cards
• Please discuss any dietary requirements when booking with the supplier
• Some venues do not permit photography inside the Houses, in these instances entry will include gardens, grounds and outbuildings
• Spectators are not permitted however they are welcome to explore the venue whilst the course is in progress
• Additional fees will usually apply for guests to enter the venue
Anything Else I Need To Know?
Your experience can be enjoyed at a number of unique venues including:
• Ashton Court, Bristol, BS41
• Crystal Palace Park, Bromley, SE19
• Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR13