• A landscape photography experience
• The choice of four different locations with natural and man-made features
• Tutorials on motion blur, tripods, density filters, and composition ideas
• Lunch break (take your own packed lunch)
• Admission to the trails and qualified guides
• Your will form part of a small group of up to 10 participants
What Can I Expect
Capture magical snapshots of land, sky, water and even animals on this fantastic landscape photography course at various locations around the UK. Each workshop gives you invaluable beginner’s tips and tricks of the photography trade with the opportunity to get out into the wonderful British countryside to put those newfound shutter skills to the test.
Each of our full-day courses develops your landscape photography abilities in line with your requirements and preferences and workshops can be adapted to suit any kind of camera. There are four photo sessions to choose from, all located in suitably scenic parts of the country - Hampshire, Wales, Devon and Yorkshire – and all of which involve instruction in the fundamentals of landscape photography with individual workshops focusing on different aspects and subjects
In Hampshire, you’ll be heading out into some of the 150 square miles of stunning landscapes in the New Forest National Park, with swathes of heathland to photograph. Capture spectacular woodland flora and fauna, developing your landscape photography skills and using the course to enhance your abilities maybe even capture elusive animals such as New Forest deer and ponies. On the Welsh course, you’ll be discovering the Elan Valley, where natural beauty and Victorian river architecture combine to create scenes that make effective use of filters to illuminate their awe-inspiring qualities.
For a more windswept photography session, head to Dartmoor for a day spent dabbling in compositions, using the iconic tors and standing stones of this region to create memorable and skilful images of the moorland and sky. Finally, for those seeking a more aquatic landscape photography workshop, Ingleton Falls in North Yorkshire offer the opportunity to capture flowing water and dramatic cascades in all their glory through the effective use of shutter speeds and motion blur techniques.
Every landscape photography course is led by expert photographers with years of experience taking beautifully composed shots of their natural surroundings. The emphasis for these sessions is on relaxed learning through practice, which makes for an enjoyable day spent with like-minded people in a picturesque location, honing your zoom, shutter and focus skills as you meander through your chosen location.
These day-long outings make a fantastic gift for anyone interested in learning more about this artistic and complex craft and would suit newcomers or long-term amateurs equally well - as long as you have your own photographic gear. Why not sign yourself or a loved one up to one of these instructive and enjoyable workshops and find out just how much our landscape photography courses can change your understanding, competence and interest in this composed and artistic hobby.
• Available on selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year and half term dates between November and March
• Sessions start at 10am and finish at 4pm
• Minimum age 14
• All under 16's must be accompanied by a participating
• Participants will need a reasonable level of fitness as the sessions will involve walking along nature trails which may be steep in places
• Your own transport to the departure points is advisable as public transport links may be limited
• You will need to carry all your equipment
• Outdoor comfortable clothing and footwear suitable to the weather and terrain are strongly advised
• Suitable for all levels of photographic experience
• Good images should be achieved with cameras that have telephoto lenses
• Fill in flash, tripods, charged batteries and extra memory cards are recommended
• Spectators are welcome
• Any entrance or car park fees are payable by the spectator
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• New Forest, Hampshire
• Ingelton, Yorkshire
• Elan Valley, Wales
• Dartmoor, Devon
• Venues are subject to change