• Take to the skies for some amazing shots of the sights of London
• 20 minutes of flight time
• Opportunity to capture unobstructed images iconic and historic sights of London
• Sights include; Hyde Park, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, St Paul Cathedral
City Hall, Tower of London, Tower Bridge & Canary Wharf
• You will be secured to one of 3 vantage points positioned by an open door
• All participants must wear a full body harness
What Can I Expect
It’s all about the f stop and the iso on this helicopter photography experience! These incredible open door helicopter flights give you the chance to take photographs of some of the most recognisable landmarks in the world, from a whole new aerial perspective.
Yes, that’s right. You will be flying over the capital in a helicopter with the door open! Sounds like something from the movies doesn’t it? And indeed, it’s how many fast-moving action scenes are filmed. Amazingly, you don’t need any special training to do this. Nerves of steel might help, but in essence the pre-flight briefing will explain all the safety regs to you and it’s the full harness that’ll keep you attached to the inside of the heli.
As you might well imagine, open door photography gives you an unparalleled viewpoint. Your images are unobstructed and there are no reflection problems. What’s more, you can take a variety of different shots from your unique vantage point. Looking out of the helicopter’s open door, you can snap away with your camera, looking directly down from above. It makes for a dizzying view looking vertically down on the skyscrapers of London, resulting in mesmerising pictures that are sure to merit being printed out and framed.
Then there are tail shots. A rear view photo from the helicopter with the tail rotor in view can make for a neat little extra dimension to your pictures. You’ll also be able to take photos ‘through the dashboard’ looking out of the front of the chopper. And of course, those sweeping, uninterrupted landscape panorama shots are up for grabs too. In essence, helicopter photography like this quite literally opens the door to some unbeatable images.
Finally, some tips for anyone who’s up for these very special photography flights out of Battersea Heliport. Make sure you make your lens choice before taking off - you won’t be able to change lenses mid-air. Dress appropriately with close-fitting clothing, to avoid flapping about with the door open. All camera gear needs to be tethered to your harness and consider bringing a Go-Pro - they’re OK to use as long as they’re mounted on a chest harness. And don’t forget the must-do helicopter photography shot - the one with your feet in the frame!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Dates and timings are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Please note: If booking a single seat a degree of flexibility will be required, as 3 booking are required for flights to take place
• Specific dates can be secured by opting for the exclusive option
• From the 29th October until 24th March flights are available Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays
• Alternative dates are available however a supplement may apply
• Closed from the 24th to 26th December and 31st December to 1st January
• From 25th March flights are available Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and exclusive flights are available daily
• Minimum age 18
• Maximum weight 110kg per seat
• Valid photo ID must be produced on the day (drivers licence or passport)
• Spectators are welcome to observe your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All equipment must have a secure strap which can be tethered to your harness
• No lens changes are allowed in flight
• No bags or other loose items are permitted on the flight
• Go pros are allowed but must be mounted to chest harness
• Mobile phones must be in a case tethered to your harness
• No selfie sticks are permitted
• Comfortable clothing and layers (no skirts/dresses) should be worn
• No caps or loose footwear should be worn
• Participants should arrive at the heliport 30 minutes before their scheduled flight time, to complete check-in and for the safety briefing
• Late arrivals may result in you not being allowed to fly
• Please note there is no parking at the Heliport
• Flights depart from London Heliport (previously Battersea Heliport)
• The nearest train Station is Clapham Junction, the most accessible tube stations are Vauxhall or Sloane Square