• Allow around one hour for your ballroom dancing classes experience
• Fully qualified teachers will lead each of the ballroom dance classes
• Your class will last 45 minutes
• You'll be joining a group of other dance beginners
What Can I Expect
Get strictly come dancing with a Ballroom Dancing Lessons for two! With glamorous dancing shows on TV pulling in the viewers in their millions every week, we all love a good routine - the swishing of the fabulous dresses, the perma-smiles and the uplifting music, not forgetting the cries of Len Goodman’s famous score of 7. And don’t forget, ballroom dance classes offer fun and fitness for all ages, from that expressive Waltz to a gentle end-of-the-night Foxtrot.
Ballroom dancing is elegant, stylish and heartfelt, but above all it is the one style that has really stood the test of time, with ballroom dancing lessons seeing a resurgence in popularity. The Waltz was conceived in Vienna in the late 1700’s and as it grew in popularity, composers such as Strauss began composing music specifically for the Waltz and ballroom dancing classes started to take off.
Different styles have evolved throughout time from all corners of the earth and now you can take ballroom dance classes in the Rumba from Africa, the Samba from Brazil and the Tango from Spain. It is thought that the foxtrot was based on the way a fox walks with its feet placed under its body and it is believed that the “closed” hold we get taught in ballroom dancing lessons originates from when men wore swords, as ladies were always on the right side of their partner to escape the possibility of tripping on their sword! Each dance style has it’s own tempo, ranging from the 28-30bpm Waltz, right up to the 60-62bpm Paso Doble, so you can take things as slowly or quickly as you like, as you’ll be finding out during your beginner ballroom dancing classes.
We have around 500 venues in the UK hosting regular ballroom dance lessons and you can choose which club you want to go to. All ballroom dancing classes are taught by a qualified ballroom teacher. You will be dancing as part of a group class that lasts around 45 minutes, giving you enough time to learn some of the basics and begin to move smoothly on the dancefloor with your partner. These ballroom dance classes are a wonderful way of learning to dance, as you will be with other enthusiastic novices. Our ballroom dancing lessons are suitable for all ages too.
So remember, not only can ballroom dancing lessons prepare you for that awkward family wedding or social event....but may even be the start of a wonderful new hobby. So, if you’ve dreamed of floating around that dance floor in your glitter and tuxedo combination, or fancy trying out some hot latin moves, get your dancing shoes on, as these are definitely the ballroom dance lessons for you!
• You can go dancing all year round
• Ballroom dance classes are held midweek, evenings and weekends
• You must be 18 years old to take part
• Ballroom dancing lessons will require enough mobility to be able to move on the dancefloor
• You will be part of a small group and may be with mixed abilities
• Please wear suitable casual clothing, avoiding trainers, boots, sandals and shoes with a grip sole
• One voucher issued and all guests must attend the same session
• No room for spectators at these ballroom dancing lessons, you'll just have to take part!
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Taster ballroom dancing lessons are held at over 500 centres across the UK