• Fly in a real 'Warbird' The Wacky Wabbit
• Welcome, introduction and pre-flight briefing
• During the flight your instructor will demonstrate the controls and demonstrate aerobatics you will then have the opportunity to take the controls for yourself
• 20 and 30 minute flight durations are available
What Can I Expect
Standby for UK Harvard flights - the Wacky Wabbit is going on tour! This is your chance to book an introductory flight in a Harvard, as this iconic military trainer tours various UK airports during the summer flying season. And at each stop, there’s room for you to sit up front!
This stunning Harvard was built as a T6J in 1953 at the Canadian Car & Factory Company. Commissioned by the USAF, the Harvard you’ll be flying in was dispatched to Italy as part of the post-war initiative to rebuild Air Forces around Europe. Serving for many years as a military advanced training aircraft, this plane did the job Harvards were built at various Italian bases.
After Italy, this Harvard’s history is sketchy, until the aircraft turned up in the UK in 1981, with a civilian registration G-BJST. Since then, the plane has lived under multiple ownership until 2015, when this consortium took over and made some bold decisions. First up was a full and pain-staking restoration to bring this warbird back to prime airworthy condition. Then it was all about the livery…
The team decided on RAF Desert Air Force (DAF) colours, just like a MkII Harvard serial number AJ841, which flew with the Desert Air Force between 1941 and 1946, training young fighter pilots during the North African campaign. It’s a pretty rare sight too, believed to be the only Harvard in the UK and indeed Europe flying in authentic DAF colours.
Looking for a moniker for their newly resplendent Harvard, the crew stumbled across the carrot-eating rabbit logo used by the British Flying Training School in Florida during the 1940s. Inspired by this piece of aviation history, the Wacky Wabbit was born.
And now here he is, flying the skies of UK on his very own Wacky Wabbit Harvard tour, offering flights to introduce you to the world of Harvard warbirds. These very special Harvard flights are scheduled at airports like Biggin Hill and Rochester airports in Kent, Eshott in Northumberland and Peterborough Conington Airfield - the aircraft's home base.
The thrill of flying in such a prime example of a Harvard in the UK is evident. And to add an extra spin to your whole flight experience, the Wacky Wabbit Harvard will be demonstrating aerobatics if you’re up for it and you can even have a go at the controls too.
• Selected dates between April and August 2018
• Flights are generally available between 10am and 6pm
• Dates and times are subject to availability at your chosen location
Special Offer 20 Minute flights are valid for use on 7th July 2018 at Rochester Airport only
• Minimum age 16 years old
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• You need to be agile enough to climb into the cockpit
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the take off and landing with great photo opportunities
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All quoted flight times are chock to chock
• Vouchers are valid for use on one of the following 2018 dates
• 26th August, 15th September
Rochester Airport, Kent
• 7th July
Eshott Airfield, Northumberland
• 4th & 5th August