• Your own WWII fighter display from a Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar aircraft
• Choose between Spitfire or Hurricane (specific aircraft can usually be arranged but are subject to availability)
• The display will last approximately seven minutes and include a sequence of aerobatic manoeuvres and flypasts
• All displays are subject to flight planning checks and may vary in price so before purchasing please contact us with a postcode, and ideally a google Earth screenshot of the location, and we'll check flight availability and cost
What Can I Expect
There won't be a dry eye in the house with this quite simply incredible once-in-a-lifetime chance to celebrate with a personal Spitfire flypast! What a way to mark the moment; to commemorate that special occasion. This will be your very own private Spitfire display where this iconic fighter plane will fly by your house, your place of work, your wedding venue - wherever!
We were very little when we first saw a Spitfire do a flypast and, despite being born long after the war-torn skies of Britain were filled with the sound of aerial dogfights, we have never forgotten that day, especially when our Dad said "That's the sound of freedom" as the Spitfire deftly pulled off those infinitely watchable aerial display moves. What an honour it would be to have a Spitfire do a flyby just for you.
So how do you get a Spitfire to flypast for you and your friends? Well, as you can imagine, there are restrictions to be respected and rules to be abided by, which means the Spitfire won't be able to execute flybys over built up areas. The Spitfires used for these display events are all hangared at Biggin Hill and the price we have given is for a flypast and display within a 20 mile radius of here, so that's Kent, Essex, West Sussex and Surrey. For those living outside these areas, personal Spitfire flypasts are still possible, so just contact us for a quote!
Waiting for the Spitfire will be intense. Long before you can actually see it in the sky you'll be able to hear her. That's the Rolls Royce Merlin engine with its distinctive throaty growl. As she comes into view and flies long and low right in front of you by way of a 'hello', there's that characteristic whistle and a whine and the pilot pulls up to perform a perfect bank turn. Your private Spitfire flypast has begun.
You will be treated to an air show-style display by the Spitfire that will include swooping low level passes and a series of linked manoeuvres that reflect just how agile this sleek plane would have been in a tail chase with the Luftwaffe. Expect tight banked turns where you'll get an amazing view of the underside and close ups of that aesthetically pleasing wing form the Spitfire boasts.
Of course, we talk about the Spitfire in the Battle of Britain, but there's another fighter aircraft that more than played its part too. The Hurricane actually outnumbered the Spitfire in terms of machines flying during the war. Whilst the Spitfire displayed a true fighting spirit darting around the skies, the Hurricane was a faithful charger that took on the bombers and, with it's superior gun platform, often won. That's why we are also offering private Hurricane flypasts, as well as Spitfire flybys.
The Biggin Hill base we work with for these unique flypasts has a number of airworthy Spitfires, so you could be gazing skywards at the MkIX 'Spirit of Kent' that was built in 1944 at Castle Bromwich and flies under code FXM and serial TA805. As for the Hurricane, it's a 1940 Mk X built by the Canadian Car and Foundry that now boasts the livery of 601 Squadron.
Everybody does and everybody should know the Spitfire. Keeping the legend alive with a Spitfire flypast in your own back garden is just so special. As the Spitfire displays, expect traffic to come to a standstill, the cameras to come out and a resounding round of applause on the last flyby as the Spitfire tips her wings in a salute and heads gracefully back home. More Spitfire experiences from Intotheblue can be found on the main Spitfire flights section.
• Private displays are usually available between March and November, 7 days a week
• All displays are weather dependent and are subject to air traffic restrictions
• Aircraft availability is subject to prior engagements or restoration work
• Who wouldn't be impressed with a personalised Spitfire Air Display
• A Unique way to celebrate a Wedding, Birthday, Special Occasion or outdoor event
• You can invite as many guests as you like to watch the display however please advise if this is a Public or Private event at the time of enquiry.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Hurricane, Vintage Harvard and Cub aircraft are also available for displays
• If the flight has to be cancelled due to unsuitable weather the display can be re-scheduled at no extra charge
• The height and content of the flypast will depend on your chosen location, we can clarify options once your location has been checked for suitability
• The price will include a non refundable CAA admin fee of between £269 - £449 depending on the type of display.
• All displays are subject to flight planning checks and may vary in price so before purchasing please contact us with a Postcode and we'll check flight availability and cost
• The advertised rate is an approximate price for viable displays within a 20 mile radius of Biggin Hill Airport (TN16 3BN), displays outside this area can be arranged but will be subject to additional fees
• Flights cannot take place directly over heavily populated areas so flights over Central London are not permitted