• Trial flying lesson in the classic 2 seater, open cockpit tiger moth
• Your chosen flight duration
• All flight experiences include a pre-flight briefing, the loan of a leather flying jacket, helmet and goggles
• Take the controls of the aircraft as part of the flight
• Free entry to IWM Duxford with discounted entry for accompanying friends
• All flight times are approximate and 'chock to chock'
What Can I Expect
Introducing a fantastic range of Tiger Moth flights at Duxford! You’ll be a VIP guest at this historic airfield, which is also home to the Imperial War Museum. We love the fact that all experiences include entry to IWM as part of your Tiger Moth experience package. You just know that vintage aviation fans will be besides themselves with joy!
Indeed, to experience flying in a De Havilland Tiger Moth at Duxford is truly iconic, as this is the home of World War Two historic aviation. Duxford serves as a very befitting setting for these two beautifully restored Moths based at this famous airfield in Cambridgeshire. Proud to be looking after a pair of the finest examples of Tiger Moths left flying today, this team is passionate about preserving Britain's heritage in the air. And for our part, we're delighted to be able to offer you the chance to actually fly these beautiful biplanes.
De Havilland designed the Tiger Moth as a pilot training aircraft. This is reflected in the typical trainer aircraft colours of the bright yellow livery of DF112 Tiger Moth here at Duxford. Flights as an official RAF trainer ceased when she was demobbed in 1954 and re-registered as G-ANRM. After being initially based in Cambridge, the plane had a long civilian history before returning 'home' to Duxford.
The other Tiger Moth at Duxford used for these flights is R4922 built in 1940. She served faithfully as a second world war fighter pilot trainer right through until 1945. Now looking resplendent in post-war silver colours, G-APAO (as she is registered today), still has the yellow bands marking her trainer plane pedigree.
It’s a real thrill for you to experience being in these nostalgic, open cockpit vintage biplanes. You'll also love the fact that it's taking place at Duxford, an airfield that oozes aviation heritage and is the beating heart of IWM Duxford. And don’t forget, taking a Tiger Moth flight out of Duxford gives you complimentary entry to the museum. That means you will quite easily spend the whole day on site, going flying, exploring and discovering everything there is to see and do at Britain’s finest classic aviation airport.
A selection of alternative vintage flights in classic aircraft is available from our biplanes home page.
• Flights take place on regular weekends and selected weekdays from March to October
• All flights are weather dependent but don't worry if your flight is cancelled you can rebook for a convenient time
• Minimum age for Tiger Moth flights is 16
• Maximum weight limit is 18 stone
• You need to be agile enough to climb into the cockpit
• You are welcome to bring friends and family along however they will need to enter the museum to view the flight
• All guests will enjoy a 50% reduced entry rate IWM Duxford
• Refreshments are available on site for spectators to purchase
• Free parking and full facilities on site
• Disabled wheelchairs are available
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• A visit to Duxford is a day out in itself so leave plenty of time to look around
• There's a cafe on site
• All quoted flight times are chock to chock
• IWM Duxford, Cambridgeshire
• The venue is just off the M11 making it easily accessible from London