A Tiger Moth Flight
• Safety and pre-flight briefing from a fully qualified pilot instructor
• Approximately 60 minute flight in a fully restored 1933 DH28A Tiger Moth
• During the flight you will have the opportunity to take the controls
• Choose one of the following themed flight options:
Fly over Ashley Walk where the Dambusters practiced their training
The White Horses of Wiltshire
Fly across Salisbury Plain and view the carvings of the great white horses
The Needles Tour
Fly to the Isle of Wight to view the dramatic chalk white Needles from the air
New Forest from the Air
Explore the magical New Forest. Highlights include the WW2 lost airfield, New Forest ponies and the south coast and it's marinas
Longleat from the Air
Fly up the Wylye Valley to view the famous Longleat House and its Safari Park
What Can I Expect
Take your aerial escapades to a whole new level with these biplane adventures from intotheblue.co.uk! If you're looking for the ultimate Tiger Moth adventure you've certainly come to the right place, as this operator at Old Sarum airfield in Wiltshire has a whole roster of fabulously themed flights that are sure to wow and amaze.
Put simply, you will get to see some of the most famous sights in the area from the air, giving you a whole new perspective on things that just isn't the same when you see it all from ground level. The best example of which are the white horses of Wiltshire. A centuries-old tradition, carvings into the chalky hillsides look even more impressive when viewed from the air.
This fight path is just one offered on these Tiger Moth adventure packages. If you're a fan of the wonders of Mother Nature, you'll love the trip down to the Isle of Wight to fly over the Needles, those bright white pointed rocks that have marked the westerly entrance to the Solent for brave seafarers since the very olden days!
If you're in exploring mode, hop onboard and take a flight to lift the lid on the lost airfields of the New Forest from the air. You may not know that 12 wartime airfields were rapidly constructed during WW2, with the oak and beech trees providing ideal cover for thousands of allied troops based in the area.
Continuing on the same theme, how about a aerial visit to the hidden Ashley Walk bombing range? This tranquil part of the forest once rang out with the drone of heavy bombers practising before heading off on daring raids across Europe. Covering 5000 acres, you would barely notice it from the ground, but from the air you can still make out some of the submarine pens, ship, air to ground, line, wall and ship targets - and you can't miss the Tallboy Crater!
Heading inland now, how about seeing lovely Longleat? Look down on the fine Capability Brown gardens, the maze, the safari park and, of course, the house itself as you take a gentle aerial cruise up the Wylye valley to this wonderful estate near Warminster.
Don't forget, these are no ordinary flying adventures, you will be taking off in a fabulous 1933 Tiger Moth - so you will get the ultimate in viewing, as you're in an open cockpit! And not only do you get to enjoy the vistas and fascinating things to see below you, you can also have a go at the controls if you fancy it. Our biplane adventures all last around one hour and it's up to the lucky recipient which flight path they choose.
• Flights are available on weekdays and weekends
• The flying centre operates all year round and subject to availability
• Tiger Moths have open cockpits, so your activity will be dependent on the weather
• Minimum age 14
• Under 16s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Height restrictions: Maximum 6ft 6ins
• Weight restrictions: Maximum 16 stone
• Spectators are welcome to come along
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There are toilet facilities and free parking at the airfield
• Skies cafe and restaurant on site providing snacks and drinks
• Old Sarum Airfield just north of Salisbury in Wiltshire