• Your microlight air experience can be onboard either a flex wing aircraft that has a cockpit open to the elements or a fixed wing style microlight which has enclosed fuselage and controls similar to a small plane
• After being welcomed at the flying school you'll meet your instructor to discuss your lesson
• Once in the air your pilot will demonstrate the controls of the microlight and allow you take control and try flying it yourself
• Flying suits and helmets with radio comms are provided for flex wing flights
What Can I Expect
This microlight venue in Wiltshire has a relaxed, club-feel to it, which makes it a great place to watch the microlighting action, with a friendly and welcoming ambiance at an airfield surrounded by tranquil farmland.
The club offers top notch microlights, with a choice of fixed wing (also known as three axis) microlights (some of which look more like small planes), or the open cockpit flex wing types. Whichever style of microlight you choose, you'll get a superb view of the wonderful Wiltshire countryside below.
Depending on which way the wind direction dictates you head for and the flight time, you may get to see some classic sights of the south west such as Avebury, Stonehenge, the White Horse at Uffingham and even crop circles that mysteriously appear in summer. Of course, this experience is not just about the aerial view, you also get to have a go with the controls of the microlight.
Choosing to go in a microlight from this airfield in the heart of Wiltshire is an excellent choice for anyone keen to have a go at microlighting from a small club airfield with grass runways. There is also a very pleasant atmosphere for friends and family who want to watch your moment of microlighting glory - there's even a food van at weekends selling local produce and snacks!
• Microlight lessons are available on weekdays and weekends throughout the year subject to suitable weather conditions
• Flex wing microlights are more sensitive to wind conditions than fixed wing microlights
• Maximum weight is 100kg (just under 16 stone)
• There is no minimum age however you need to be large enough to be securely strapped into the aircraft, usually age ten and over is OK
• Spectators are very welcome to come and watch
• Tea and coffee is always available for visitors and there is a small café open on weekends
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• This microlight school operates from an airfield just outside Swindon
• Flights will provide stunning views of the Wiltshire countryside
IntotheBlue offers a range of microlight experiences at various venues around the UK, please see our main
microlights page for full details on activities near you.