• Fly in a Raven flexwing microlight
• A pre-flight safety briefing and aircraft check
• Sit in tandem with the pilot and learn how to control the aircraft using the triangular control bar
• Your instructor will take you up to a height of around 2000 feet at speeds of 50-60 mph
• You will get the chance to take the controls and fly the aircraft
• Spectacular views across the Kent countryside
• Presentation of a souvenir flight certificate
• Alternative microlight options include cyclone AX3 and Thruster T600N 3 Axis style microlights with a side by side seating arrangement
What Can I Expect
Who else better to teach you how to fly a microlight than the people who actually build them? This very unique experience in North Kent means you'll be heading off from the airfield in one of the microlights actually built at the factory on site!
The dedicated team of aviation engineers show impeccable craftsmanship with each microlight that they produce at this venue just north of Rochester and we think there's nothing better than actually flying in a (very) locally built microlight. The company offers a range of fixed wing microlights including the AV8r, which features the distinctive 'Raven' wing and looks a bit like a motorised tandem hang glider, as the aircraft is controlled by using your hands on a bar.
If you don't fancy this stripped-down version of microlighting, you can also fly in the EclipseR 912, which is a high performance microlight with the renowned Rotax 912 engine and a bit more in the way of fuselage. The company is also producing a small-plane style executive fixed wing microlight called the SLA100 Executive, which offers an altogether different take on the microlighting experience.
Whether you choose to fly on the 20, 40 or one hour microlighting experience, each one starts with a full briefing and introduction to the aircraft and a talk on the basic controls before you head off into the Kentish skies.
• The flying school is open 7 days a week throughout the year and can usually fly in a wide range of weather conditions
• Should you be unfortunate enough to be beaten by the weather an alternative date can be arranged
• The microlight school welcomes anyone from 14-90
• Maximum weight is 15 stone (95 kg)
• The airfield boasts a friendly clubhouse offering briefing facilities and refreshments for visitors
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Stoke airfield is around 8 miles North East of Rochester