• Choose from flexi or fixed wing experience (subject to availability)
• Your micro light experience will last for 30, 45 or 60 minutes chock to chock, depending on the voucher chosen
• For all experiences, you will also have a safety briefing
What Can I Expect
Choose flex or fixed wing Microlighting In Devon for a wonderful airborne experience! This small, but perfectly formed microlight school is based at Dunkeswell Airfield in east Devon tucked in next to the beautiful Blackdown Hills, making it a lovely airfield to take off from.
Headed up by Jim Greenshields, these guys know a thing or two about microlights as they sell, build, maintain, store and offer training in both flex wing and fixed wing mircolights. In fact, we think Jim and fellow flying instructor Alistair live and breathe microlighting and we're sure their enthusiasm will rub off on you.
If you opt for the fixed wing flight you will be typically in an Icarus C42. At first sight these aircraft look like traditional planes, as they use ailerons, rudders and elevators to control pitch, yaw and roll with a control stick and two pedals inside the closed cockpit - but they are much, much lighter. The flex wing microlight, such as the Pegasus GT450, is derived from the hang glider and has a single horizontal bar to control the craft and an open cockpit that gives you that more 'pioneering' aviator feel.
For all these microlighting in Devon experiences you will have a pre-flight safety briefing. You will then head out for your flight that'll show you the joys of microlight flight as you soar like a bird over the Devonshire countryside and the south coast. And if you feel like giving it a go yourself, you will be able to take the controls, or you can just sit back and enjoy the ride.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• The minimum age for microlighting is 14 years old
• There is a maximum weight limit of 15 stone
• Maximum height limit of 6ft 2ins
• Spectators are welcome to go along to the airfield to watch the take off and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Honiton, Devon