• Flexwing microlighting experience
• Introduction to the qualified instructor and microlight
• Full safety briefing and route planning
• Safety helmet and thermal suit provided
• Souvenir flight certificate
30 Minute Flight
• Scenic tour of your choice of the surrounding area
• A popular route takes you over Warkworth Castle, along the beach to Alnmouth and over Alnwick Castle & Gardens
60 Minute Flight
• Scenic tour of your choice
• A popular route flies North along the Northumbrian coastline, past Warkworth Castle, Dunstanburgh Castle, up to
Bamburgh Castle and back to Eshott via Alnwick Castle & Gardens
The Big Adventure
• Approximately three hours of flight
• Take of from Eshott Airfield on a cross country flight to another airfield and back!
• Tea and cakes or a small picnic at the other airfield are included
What Can I Expect
Experience the wonders of microlighting in Northumbria! Fly from this friendly airfield north of Newcastle and get a taste for high-altitude adventure with our range of Northumbrian microlight flying experiences. Whether you’re looking for a superb sightseeing session, or an introduction into aviation, these courses are the perfect way to discover the thrills of flying and even piloting your own flex-wing machine.
There are three flexwing microlight flight durations available out of Northumbria, giving you 30, 60 or a total of three hours of airtime. All flights (and flight paths) are tailored to your individual wishes and you can opt to sit up front if you fancy having a go at the controls yourself, or sit in the back seat and just take in the beauty of this whole area.
You don’t have to be in the air very long around these parts before you're looking down on some of the key Northumbrian tourist sights, with coast, country and plenty of castles all within your flying range. Whether it’s Warkworth Castle and Alnwick Gardens on your 30 minute trial flight, or further afield to Dunstanburgh and Bamburgh Castles via the coast on your 60 minute flight, these Northumbrian itineraries show off the best of the county - and you could be the one flying over it!
The ultimate microlighting experience in Northumbria has to be what has been dubbed the ‘Big Adventure’. You’ll fly from Eshott to another airfield, have a very civilised stop for tea and cakes, then fly back to base. The whole expedition gives you around three hours of flight time and, of course, you double up on the take offs and landings, which, to many are a highlight!
Ex-Royal Marine Commando and ex-CID Police Officer Si will be your expert host for these experiences and he’s been flying flex wing, open cockpit microlights since 1993 and an instructor since 2004. He boasts a 100% pass rate with his pupils, after an average of just 31.5hrs of teaching.
So if you or someone you love would like the incredible chance to soar through the Geordie skies, then try your hand at microlighting in Northumbria. This whirlwind combination of piloting and panoramic views is not to be missed and you’ll be rewarded with some breathtaking vistas of the North East from the prime spot in your seat in the open cockpit microlight.
• Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Flight are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age is 14 years old
• Under 18's must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight 16 stone (100kgs)
• Maximum height 6ft 2ins
• Comfortable warm clothing and sturdy footwear should be worn
• Spectators are more than welcome to watch the take off and landing at the airfield
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Eshott Airfield, Morpeth, Northumberland