• Flying lesson in a modern, twin seat gyroplane
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Introduction into how the gyrocopter flies and the controls
• Flight suits and helmets are provided
• Choose from a 30, 60 or 90 minute flight duration
• During the flight your instructor will demonstrate the controls
• Opportunity to take the controls and fly the gyrocopter
• Take in the beautiful Lake District countryside
• Plenty of great photo opportunities
What Can I Expect
Fly gyrocopters over the Lake District for a stunning way of exploring this fabulous area of natural beauty! These gyroplane flights out of a privately-owned airstrip in the Lake District combine superb views with tuition from a highly experienced pilot.
If you’ve ever thought about getting airborne in a gyroplane, the Lake District has surely got to be the place to fly from. Roger Savage owns and operates Berrier Airfield, between Keswick and Penrith, where his two gyroplanes are based. Roger is a font of all knowledge when it comes to both flying and the Lake District, so you’re in very assured hands.
Roger has flown all sorts of aircraft from helicopters to planes, but just loves his gyrocopters. And this wonderful Lake District setting is the icing on the cake for your gyrocopter flight. Berrier is just inside the Lake District National Park and is, in fact, the only airfield within the famous Lakeland park area. Indeed, the backdrop is rather impressive, with the high peak of Blencathra, watching over the airstrip at 2848ft and Ullswater less than five minutes flight time away.
As you can imagine, being in the heart of the Lakes means impressive views are par for the course, no matter which gyrocopter flight duration you choose. As soon as you take off it’s a melange of farms, lakes, stone cottages and sheep grazing, surrounded by peaks. And, if you live nearby, a little look over your house might well be possible.
Indeed the agenda for these Lake District gyroplane experiences is very flexible. You can work out a flight path and itinerary with Roger during your ground briefing. So, depending on flight time and conditions on the day, you could head west to Keswick and explore the lakes, follow Hadrian’s Wall or enjoy aerial views of the Cumbrian coast. It’s all there for the discovering - and these gyroplanes are the perfect aircraft to do your exploring in.
Roger will be sitting behind you in the gyroplane, giving you the front seat with the clear view (no propellors on the nose to get in the way!). Both aircraft he operates are dual controlled, so all flyers are offered the chance to take control. That means you can be the one actually flying the gyrocopter over the Lake District, or you can just sit back and enjoy the ever-changing lakes and mountains vistas.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Vouchers are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase and must be booked and redeemed in this time
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 4ins
• No previous flying experience is required
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Berrier Airfield, near Keswick/Ullswater
• Conveniently located near junction 40 of the M6