• Choose from an open cockpit flight in a MTOSport / Magni M16, or a closed cockpit flight in a Magni M24 Orion
• 30, 60 and 90 minute flights are available
• A pre flight briefing and explanation of the controls
• An opportunity to take the controls
• A flying suit, helmet and radio comms are provided
• Lesson time includes 5 minutes for taxiing
What Can I Expect
Go for some autogyro-ing adventures with an autogyro experience flight from Intotheblue.co.uk! Let's face it, these gyros are funny looking things and they may look at little basic, but they are rugged, reliable and are great fun to fly, giving you that 'at one with nature' feel whilst you’re airborne.
Your autogyro flight takes off from Popham Airfield near Basingstoke. This is a privately-owned strip that is home to a thriving and friendly community of sport flyers, with over 100 aircraft based here. You'll be hard pushed to find a more dedicated and affable crew and as soon as you walk into the club you'll be made to feel very welcome by all the team.
You can also expect top-notch instruction on your experience as this school doesn't just offer autogyro flights, it's a certified training school for those who have properly got the autogyro bug and want to get their private pilot's licence to fly solo in an autogyro. In fact, chief instructor and examiner Steve Boxall has so many years of autogyroing experience under his belt, you wouldn't believe he's old enough to have been flying that many years!
So you've got the perfect place to fly, a tip-top ground team, an enthusiastic pilot instructor, all you need now is the autogyro. This club operates several, including the Magri 16 and MT-03 models. Both are powered with Rotax 914 turbocharged engines and both are excellent trainer gyros. They also have open cockpits, so you'll be kitted out in a flying suit, helmet, gloves and intercom headset for your flight.
Unique amongst our autogyro flight operators, here at Popham you can also choose to take to the skies in a new generation enclosed cockpit gyroplane. This fully approved factory-built Magri 24 Orion boasts side by side seating (usually autogyros are tandem) and even has in-cabin heating so you will be nice and cosy whatever the weather outside and there's no need for the full flying suit, just a communications headset.
So whether you want to go classic with an open autogyro that could be described as a 'motorbike of the skies' or prefer the covered cockpit version, flying an autogyro from Popham airfield is a thrilling aerial experience that gives you the chance to take the controls if you fancy, or you can just sit back and do some sightseeing, as all autogyro experiences are geared to what you'd like to do.
• Weekends and weekdays throughout the year
• All flights are subject to weather conditions
• Minimum age 14
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• You must be between 4'6" and 6'4" (137cm and 193cm)
• You need to be agile enough to get in and out of the gyrocopter
• No previous flying experience is required
• Front seat experience is at the instructors discretion
• Please seek medical advice if you have previously suffered a heart condition or other medical complaint such as back or neck problems
• This experience is not suitable for pregnant mothers
• All participants must complete an information sheet and waiver prior to flying
• Spectators are welcome to watch your gyrocopter flight
• There is a clubhouse which is usually open to visitors, along with a cafe at weekends
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please wear warm comfortable outdoor clothing and closed toe footwear, you should also bring gloves to wear on the flight
• Popham Airfield, near Basingstoke, Hampshire