• An open cockpit gyrocopter flying experience
• A pre flight safety briefing and explanation of the controls and route plan
• Choose from a 10, 20, 30 or 60 minute flight duration
• An opportunity to take the controls
• A flying suit and helmet are provided
10 Minute 'Taster' Flight
• Take in spectacular views as you fly a lap of the Silverstone Circuit
20 Minute 'Silverstone' Flight
• Fly around Silverstone the home of Formula 1, the British Racing Drivers Club and Porsche Driving Centre
30 Minute 'Nuclear Strike' Flight
• Start with the motorsport views of Silverstone before flying over RAF Upper Heyford
60 Minute 'Ultimate' Flight
• Your choose your flight plan!
• Options include the mortorspost scene with time to also fly over Rockingham, If your passion is aviation you can view WW2 bomber sites, cold war nuclear bases and more or you may prefer to view trains, canals ans country houses
What Can I Expect
Welcome to the Gyrocopter Flying Club! This is open-cockpit James Bond-style gyroplane flying at its absolute best from Turweston Airfield in Brackley - ideally placed for all the fascinating aerial sights around Silverstone and Northamptonshire.
There’s no denying the sheer enthusiasm and passion of the gyrocopter club team here in Northants. In their own words: ‘Flying is the best thing you can do. Ever, in the world. Ever.’ We certainly can’t argue with that, which is why we are offering 10, 20, 30 and 60 minute gyroplane flying experiences from this fun and dynamic club.
And being based in Northamptonshire, you’ve got lots and lots of fascinating things to see from the air. One of the most popular ‘targets’ is Silverstone, the home of motor racing and, of course, the many F1 teams who are based in flying distance of the famous circuit - which can be seen if you go on a 20 minute ‘Silverstone’ gyro flight.
A 30 minute flight, dubbed ‘The Nuclear Strike’ will bombard you with hidden military nuclear strike bases, bomber command units and even top-secret rocket testing centres that you’d never find on the OS map of the area. It’s all enthralling stuff, made all the more captivating by the fact that you’ll be looking down on it all from the cockpit of your gyrocopter.
The ultimate gyrocopter flight heads way beyond Silverstone to wherever you want to go. A special map produced by the club showing all the ‘targets’ in the area means you can plan your flight path so you can see all the landmarks and places you fancy in your hour of flying.
So if you’re an aviation fan fill your route with WW2 bomber sites and air bases - we love seeing where the Harrier jump jet was developed, for example. Motor sport fans will be spoilt for choice with all those key locations on the Northamptonshire map from Silverstone to the Porsche Driving Centre to name but just two. And beyond all of that, there are canals, country houses, an indoor Snow Dome and loads more besides.
Phew! With such a packed itinerary on the 60 minute flight, no wonder the experience is affectionately known by this gyrocopter flying club as the ‘Boom! Custom super mega target-rich experience flight’! Whichever voucher you choose you are sure to have a fabulous time discovering the wonders of gyroplane flying in the safe hands of this superb team here based just beside Silverstone in the Northants countryside.
• Gyrocopter flights take place on weekends and weekdays throughout the year
• All dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight 17 stone (110kgs)
• Maximum height 6ft 5ins (195 cms)
• You need to be agile enough to get in and out of the gyrocopter
• No previous flying experience is required
• Please seek medical advice if you have previously suffered a heart condition or other medical complaint such as back or neck problems
• This experience is not suitable for pregnant mothers
• All participants must complete an information sheet and waiver prior to flying
• Spectators are welcome to watch your gyrocopter flight
• There is an onsite cafe and a great viewing area
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should wear outdoor clothing suitable for the season, closed and flat footwear and bring gloves for the flight
• Turweston Aerodrome, Brackley, Northamptonshire