• Each aerotow provides approximately 15 minutes flight time
• Allow spending an hour on site for one aerotow
• Allow 1.5 hours for two aerotows
• There will be a pre-flight briefing for all flights
Quickly search through 1000
experience day activities using our Find Experience tool on the home page.
What Can I Expect
This club is perfectly placed for breathtaking gliding in Hampshire over the picturesque Downs. Nestled between Basingstoke and Alton, this is a top-notch club on an airfield originally built for the Royal Air Force in 1942 and adopted as a home for gliding in 1950.
Actually when we say club, it's more of a gliding society here in Hampshire, as the organisation owns and runs the airfield site that is home to a variety of aviation businesses; from University flying clubs and maintenance providers, to vintage glider clubs and even a TV and film production studio - yes, it's that large! In fact, there are over 220 gliders and other aircraft based here at Lasham aerodrome, making it the largest set up in the country for glider planes.
It's no surprise then that this Hampshire hub for all thing gliding boasts facilities which are among the finest in the world and the venue often plays host to some of the UK's major gliding competitions, where the nation's best glider pilots compete for coveted championship titles. The tarmac runway and well-groomed grass areas are widely seen as being some of the best kept amongst glider clubs!
In all there are several hundred members, making it also one very active glider centre, with loads of comings and goings all year round. Owning an impressive 12 two seater gliders, five tug aircraft and two glider winch launches there really is everything you need for gliding as a leisurely hobby or to competition level (and that can even include aerobatics in a glider!). All you have to do is make the choice between one or two aerotows for your exciting glider experience in the heart of Hampshire.
The smart clubhouse has WiFi access, good food and a large briefing room too - so whether you're serious about learning to glide, or just want to have a go at flying a glider for a few minutes, lovely Lasham in Hampshire is a top choice.
And don't forget, for all vouchers for gliding at Hampshire include a one month membership of the club, enabling additional flights to be purchased at club rates - who knows this could be the experience to put you on the pathway to obtaining your licence to be able to go gliding solo in the skies over Hampshire!
As well as Hampshire, aerotow and winch gliding activities are available at clubs the length and breadth of the country with Into the Blue, as well as experience vouchers for other popular flying lessons and activities.
• Gliding takes place at this Hampshire venue seven days a week all year round, weather permitting and subject to availability
• Minimum age 13
• All under 18's require parental consent
• You cannot go gliding if you are under 7 stone (45kg) or more than 16 stone 4lb (103.5kg approx)
• If you are over 6'4", you will have difficulty fitting in the glider cockpit
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch all the glider fun and action at this busy airfield
• There is a comfortable clubhouse and bar providing meals and snacks
• There is a wireless internet connection available
• Basic accommodation is available on site and local B&B's/hotels can also be recommended
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All gliding instructors at this Hampshire venue are British Gliding Association approved
• Hampshire, the gliding club is near Alton and is easily accessible from the A31 or M3 junctions 5 or 6