• A pre-flight briefing which will cover the route to be flown
• Explanation of the controls of an aeroplane
• Once in the air you will take control of the aeroplane and repeat manoeuvres under the guidance of the instructor
• After your flight you will be presented with certificate of achievement
• Flight times are chock to chock, including take off and landing time
What Can I Expect
With these light aircraft discovery flights in Warwickshire you'll soon find out if you've got a natural aptitude for flying, thanks to expert tuition from your professional instructor. The excellent team at this flying school just 10 minutes from Stratford upon Avon, headed up by the flying principal Rodney Galiffe, will give you a warm welcome and top class training.
Flights are available in both two seater and four seater modern training aircraft and the Wellesbourne Mountford aerodrome is ideally suited for learning to fly as there is no commercial traffic, no smog and just open, flat countryside to fly over - perfect for practicing your aerial manoeuvres in uncongested skies.
Once greeted by your flying instructor, you'll get comfortable in your harness before being shown the cockpit instruments and primary flying controls. No queuing on the runway for take off behind other air traffic, so you'll be maximising your time in the air.
Soon after take off you'll be able to take control of the plane yourself, as well as having time to take in the scenery of the Warwickshire countryside below you, before heading back to the aerodrome for a post-flight debrief and presentation of your certificate of achievement. Check out our main flying section for more exciting flying lessons from IntotheBlue.
• Lessons are available 7 days a week throughout the year
• All lessons are subject to weather conditions and availability
• The minimum age for a lesson is 14 years old
• Minimum height is 4'6", maximum height is 6'4"
• There is a maximum weight limit of 14 stone for 2 seater flights
• Maximum weight limit of 18 stone for 4 seater flights
• Photographic ID may be requested
• Participants of 4 seater flights may be able to bring along passengers at the pilots discretion
• Spectators are more than welcome to attend and watch participants from the picnic and viewing areas around the Clubhouse
• There is a cafeteria on site serving cold snacks and drinks
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The venue is located near Stratford in Wellesbourne, Warwickshire with access from the M40 J12/13