• A pre-flight briefing and introduction to the aircraft
• The chance to take the controls
• Flight times are chock to chock including take off and landing time
• Experiences can count towards gaining a Pilots Licence
• Participants will be presented with a first flight certificate
• 4 seater flights usually allow 1 or 2 passengers to enjoy the lesson from the rear seats
What Can I Expect
These introductory flying packages all operate out of the busy little Tatenhill airfield in Staffordshire, close to Burton upon Trent and offering easy access from all over the Midlands. The centre at Tatenhill started out back in 1987 as a CAA approved light aircraft maintenance provider, before expanding to include a flying school, avionics design and installation.
Now with six fully qualified and highly experienced pilot instructors on board and a fleet of aircraft ready to be flown, these 30 and 60 minute flights can be taken in either a Cessna 152 with two seats, or a Piper Archer with four seats, meaning you may even be able to invite a couple of friends or loved ones to join you in your first flight as you head over the countryside of Stafford and Stoke.
All experiences flying out of Tatenhill include a pre-flight briefing, being shown around the plane and the controls and, once taken off and flying, you will get the opportunity to take the controls and fly the aircraft straight and level. This means you actually get to tackle one the essential elements of flying on these introductory lessons, so if you do decide to carry on, the time spent on this experience counts towards your Private Pilots Licence. More hands-on flying lessons are available at other airfields and aero clubs around the country.
• Experiences run on both weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Lessons are weather permitting
• There is a minimum age of 8
• Minimum height is 4'6'', maximum is 6'6''
• There is a maximum weight limit of 14 stone for the 2 seater
• 4 seaters allow for 2 passengers at a maximum of 16 stone each
• Spectators are very welcome to attend
• There is a clubhouse serving tea and coffee
• Cameras are welcome to capture the participants first aviation experience from the viewing areas overlooking the runway
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• This flying school is located at Tatenhill Airfield in Burton-upon-Trent
• The airfield is convenient for midland customers serving Burton, Derby, Lichfield, Stoke, Stafford and Birmingham