• Flying lesson in a 2 seater Cessna 152 or 4 Seater 172 aircraft
• A pre-flight briefing and safety checks with your instructor
• Your selected flight time
• Your instructor will handle takeoff and landing
• Once airborne you will be given the opportunity to take the controls
• At the end of your lesson you will be presented with a personalised certificate
• Flight time quoted is chock to chock
• On four seater flights you can usually bring along an additional passenger who can observe the lesson from the rear seats
What Can I Expect
Ever thought about taking flying lessons in the South West? This lovely club boasts two grass runways on what was Treswithick Farm in Bodmin. Being in Cornwall it’s in the heart of the South West, equidistant from both the north and south Cornish coastlines.
And what's more, you can choose a lesson in a two or four seater dual control light aircraft for your first foray high into the blues skies of this wonderful part of the world.
All lessons start with a sign in and registration at the clubhouse, during which time you'll be introduced to the pilot who'll be getting you airborne. You are in good hands, as this friendly flying club has been operating and taking pupils up for lessons over this south western corner of the country since 1972 and the team here prides itself on a friendly and informative approach to put all pupils at ease before taking off.
For your flight experience in the south west you will be using one of the school's Cessna high wing light aircraft that are renowned as being excellent training planes. Easy to fly, nimble and agile, it's the General Aviation industry aeroplane of choice for lessons such as yours and for those training for their licence.
After take off, you might well head in a south westerly direction towards St Austell and Truro for superb views of these pretty Cornish tourist spots. Gaining more height, you will see amazing views around the whole coastline and beyond to the Celtic Sea and the English Channel, but as soon as you're at altitude it'll be less about gazing out of the cockpit and more about having a go at the controls of the Cessna, but only if you want to.
With spectacular coastal panoramas that only these flying lessons out of a south west location can offer, these flights from Bodmin Airfield in Cornwall can't be beaten. All you need to do now is decide whether you fancy a lesson in a two or four seater Cessna and for how long. And remember, in a four seat, you can usually invite someone to fly with you as an observer!
• The Club is usually open seven days a week, subject to weather conditions
• The minimum age is 14
• Parental/guardian consent is required for all participants under 18
• Maximum weight limit for 2 seater flights is 16 stone
• Maximum weight for 4 seater flights is 18 stone, weight limits may also apply for passengers
• Friends and family are more than welcome to come along to show support and listen to the flight briefings
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The clubhouse is home to the Windsock Restaurant, serving a variety of freshly prepared dishes
• Flight times are quoted chock to chock
• Bodmin Airfield, just off the A30 near Cardinham