Aeroplane Pilot Day
• Allow approximately four hours on site
• Welcome with tea of coffee
• Introductory talk and safety briefing
• A one on one 15-20 minute flight in a light aircraft
• Guided tour of the hangar(s) on site
• A set of pilot's notes for you take home
• A debrief including how to become a pilot etc
• You will be part of a small group of up to eight on the day
What Can I Expect
Immerse yourself in the aviation world with this Aeroplane Pilot Day Course! This is a fantastic gift for any plane fan who has always wanted to be a pilot.
Your day behind the scenes at the aerodrome starts with a welcome from your instructor pilot over a cup of coffee or tea, Then, just as you would on the first day of a pilot's course, you listen to introductions and safety briefings before heading outside to the aeroplane sitting on the apron. You will each in turn enjoy a 15-20 minute flying lesson given on a one to one basis where you get to actually fly the plane and start to understand just how a light aircraft is flown.
There is then a break for lunch with your fellow aviation fans before the afternoon is spent touring the hangars to check out the stable of aircraft, as well as what goes on in maintenance and engineering. As you are guided around your host will talk about aircraft types with a few anecdotes and interesting facts thrown in too.
Your aeroplane pilot day course ends with a short talk explaining the process of getting your pilot's licence, the openings for commercial pilots and the aviation industry today. A truly fascinating day for anyone who has ever thought about taking up flying either a hobby or a career.
• This experience operates on Fridays only
• Minimum age is 12 years old
• All under 16s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight is 16 stone
• Maximum height is 6ft ins
• Spectators are welcome, but you won't be able to join the tour
• Facilities on each site vary, but usually includes toilets, tea and coffee and clubhouse
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Blackpool Airport, Blackpool
• Coventry Airport, Warwickshire
• Locations are subject to change