• A trial flying lesson
• After a welcome and introduction your instructor will talk you through the pre-flight checks.
• Once airborne you will have the chance to take the controls and fly the aircraft,
• All flight durations are from 'brakes on to brakes off'
• After your flight you will be presented with a First Flight Certificate
• 2 seater options are usually flown in a Cessna 152 and 4 seater options in a Piper Cherokee PA28
What Can I Expect
Set your flight path to go straight to this Peterborough flying school if you've ever fancied learning to fly in the East of England! These flying lessons all take off from Sibson Airport, a small and friendly aerodrome just west of Peterborough that's ready to welcome you to the world of General Aviation.
It might seem as though this airfield tucked in amongst agricultural land and farms is a sleepy little old aerodrome, but far from it. This Peterborough flying school is actually a fully CAA approved training organisation - which means you will be getting top-notch tuition in how to fly planes - and not only do they run this flying school, they also manage and run the aerodrome too.
As for the aircraft used for these lessons, at Sibson it's the classic Cessna 152 for the two seater flights and the Piper PA28 for the four seater experiences. Both well-known aircraft are rugged, stable and forgiving in the air, making them ideal training aeroplanes.
And although you may just be having one trial lesson here in Peterborough, if you like, the lesson content and procedure for the experience can be exactly the same as if you were learning to fly to get your pilot's licence, so you get a real flavour of what all this 'freedom of flight' you hear aviator's keenly discussing is all about - and we're sure that in just 30 or 60 minutes you'll be hooked on flying too!
For some going flying out of Sibson might purely be about making the first step towards enrolling for real at this Peterborough flying school. However, for others it might be the chance to do something a bit 'daredevil', whilst some simply want to do it for the incredible views - and as you follow the River Nene that loops around the top of the airport, or fly over locos on the Nene Valley Railway you can totally see why getting the bird's eye view of this corner of Peterborough is so special.
So, get ready to make your final approach into runway 06 at Sibson Airfield and as you drop smoothly and gently down onto the 935m-long grass strip, you'll be feeling exhilarated, pleased with yourself and probably sorely tempted to carry on this piloting lark. All that remains for you to do is accept your First Flight Certificate and the day you flew at Peterborough flying school is complete!
• Experiences are available weekdays and weekends throughout the year, subject to weather conditions and availability
• Although time slots are allocated please be aware that aircraft lessons are subject to a number of factors which may potentially cause delay to your scheduled time. Whilst every effort will be made to help keep you on time you'll need to allow for a degree of latitude owing to the nature of flying, air traffic delays and weather
• Minimum age of 14 years old
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Photographic ID will be required on the day
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 2 ins
• Spectators are welcome to attend and watch participants in flight with plenty of great photo opportunities
• Participants of the four seater experiences are allowed to bring an interested observer (min age 14) who can observe the lesson from the rear seat (at the discretion of the flight instructor and subject to weather conditions)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Sibson Aerodrome, Wansford, Peterborough