• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• A 30 or 60 minute trial flight in a four seater modern light aircraft
• The pilot will handle take off and landing
• During the flight you will be able to take the controls if you want to
What Can I Expect
Destination south coast for these trial flights in Wiltshire! Hidden amongst the beautiful countryside around Salisbury is Old Sarum airfield, a discreet little airfield that is bustling with club activities and has a friendly, yet professional atmosphere - the ideal venue for your first flight in a light aircraft.
The centre is in the heart of the aerodrome just north of Salisbury and has up to a dozen different aircraft on the aprons and in the hangars. For your trial flight you'll be taking to the skies in a Piper PA28 four seater aircraft.
Before you get airborne you'll meet your flying instructor who'll be taking you up. After a thorough safety briefing and pre-flight checks, you will taxi along ready for take off. Once up in the air, you'll have a fantastic bird's eye view of local landmarks such as the cathedral, as you head towards the coast.
As well as enjoying the aerial views of Wiltshire and the seaside you will also be invited to take the controls of the plane for that full trial flight experience. Yes, you will be flying the plane under the watchful eye of your pilot instructor as you learn the basics of flight in the air.
• The flight school is open all year round and trial lessons are offered subject to availability on both weekdays and weekends
• Participants must be at least 14 years of age to go flying.
• Maximum weight limits are 16 stone for four seater aircraft
• The minimum height is 4'6" and the maximum is 6'4"
• Two forms of identity will need to be provided on the day, including one that has a photograph (e.g passport)
• Spectators are welcome to watch your experience
• Guests will not be able to join you in the passenger seat, as pilots at this centre prefer that the first lesson is on a one to one basis only
• The airfield has stunning views over Wiltshire and The Skies restaurant on site provides toilets and washrooms, breakfasts, lunches and snacks in the afternoon
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Your trial flight will fly out of Old Sarum airfield, which is north of Salisbury with easy access from the south coast and Wiltshire areas