• A flying lesson in a two or four seater aircraft
• Safety briefing and familiarisation with the aircraft and its controls
• Your flight route will be explained as your instructor completes the final flight checks before take off
• Once airborne you will be given the opportunity to handle the controls
• Learn how to turn, climb and bank the aircraft
• Flight times quoted are chock to chock
• Flight time can be counted towards a Private Pilot's Licence (PPL)
What Can I Expect
Get airborne over the Western Isles on these fabulous flying lessons out of Oban Airport! Quite possibly the smallest and best-placed international airport, Oban Airport goes big on the friendly Scottish welcome and goes even bigger on the amazing scenery. A superb choice for flying lessons in the Argyll area.
This flying school in Oban is one of a trio operated by the same flight training team that has been teaching people to fly and operating charter services since 1991. The school has a fleet of light aircraft with the likes of the Cessna 152 and the Piper PA28 mostly being used for these Oban flights. You can choose whether you prefer a lesson in a two seater or a four seater out of Oban Airport and we have all flight durations available too.
On arrival at this delightful airport that’s run by Argyll and Oban council, you’ll immediately see how it’s a vital part of the community, connecting the islands of the Inner Hebrides with the mainland. You might well see the bright yellow commuter plane that operates flights between Oban Airport and the isles of Coll, Tiree, Colonsay and Islay, whilst you’re there for your lesson.
As well as all the scheduled and charter movements at Oban Airport, lots of budding aviators come here to train for their PPL (Private Pilot’s Licence). And indeed during your flying lesson you will be following the same syllabus as a trainee pilot. As soon as you’re airborne over Oban, the controls will be handed over to you and it’s you who will be flying over the Argyll & Bute lochs and mountains.
Whilst you’re up there, 3000ft above Oban and the surrounding countryside, it’ll be hard not to be distracted by the fantastic views. It’s utterly breathtaking out there. But, this is a flying lesson, so you’ll be concentrating on keeping that plane flying straight and level and maybe trying a few turns too!
In essence, booking in for a flying lesson at Oban Airport gives you expert tuition in modern light training aircraft with a highly experienced pilot instructor at your side - with the added bonus of a brilliant backdrop. And when we say the runway is literally on the shoreline, it really is!
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Flight are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age of 14 years old
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Photographic ID will be required on the day
Two Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 14 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 1ins
Four Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 3ins
• Spectators are welcome and can watch you take off and land
• Participants of the four seater experiences are allowed to bring an interested observer (min age 14) who can observe the lesson from the rear seat (at the discretion of the flight instructor and subject to weather conditions)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Oban Airport, North Connel, Argyll & Bute