• Welcome by flight school staff
• Pre-flight briefing with your instructor pilot
• Your 30, 40 or 60 minute flight in a two or four seater aircraft
• Your chance to take the controls during the flight
• A post flight briefing
• A personalised lesson certificate
What Can I Expect
Enjoy a trial flight at Nottingham City Airport! This well-placed airport is just 3.5 aerial miles south east of the city centre in the village of Tollerton. Being so close to the bustling city means you can enjoy the Nottingham landscape as you fly, looking down on all those buildings and landmarks as you go from your privileged seat in the cockpit.
The flight school here has an excellent reputation when it comes teaching. From trial flying to full Private Pilot's Licences, the centre takes its motto "Reputation Above All Else" very seriously. One recent graduate said: 'The team of instructors is extremely helpful, patient and understanding. The personal tuition I received at Nottingham Airport on a trial flight led me to train from my licence and I'll never forget my first solo flight - so exhilarating!'.
Having multiple training bases, this company has a very large and ever-expanding fleet of trainer aircraft, some of which are hangared and maintained in Nottingham under the skilful eye of Chief Engineer Stephen Coupe, which all means there is far less 'downtime' for pupils. Aircraft include two seater and four seater planes such as the Piper Tomahawk, the Cessna 172, the Piper Arrow and the Archer and all are ready to get airborne above the skies of Nottinghamshire.
Chief Flying Instructor in Nottingham is Martin Adamson, with his flight ops and engineering team, the set up is very professional and welcoming. A newly renovated reception area opened in spring 2013 offers dedicated facilities right next to the Tollerton control tower, including planning room, briefing rooms and even the 'Chocks Away' cafe bar.
Your trial flight at Nottingham City Airport will include a pre-flight safety briefing and your chosen flight time, with 30, 40 and 60 minute trial lessons in dual-controlled planes that carry two or four people currently being offered. The pilot will handle take off and landing, but once you've passed over the local built up areas and reached a decent altitude over Nottingham it's time to stop looking at the view and have a try at flying yourself! Once landed, presentation of a personalised certificate will round off your trial flight in Nottingham.
• Flights operate seven days a week all year round
• All flights are subject to weather conditions
• Minimum age for a lesson is 14 years old
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Two forms of identity including photographic ID will be required on the day
Two seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 14 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 1ins
Four Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 3ins
• Friends and family are welcome to watch and there are good facilities at the centre
• Spectators can take photos and videos of the take off and landing
• On site toilets
• Cafe bar serving hot and cold snacks and drinks
• Outside viewing terrace area
• Ample free parking right next to the flight school
• If booking a four seater experience an interested observer may fly with you at no additional cost, at the discretion of the pilot
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Nottingham City Airport
• Three miles south east of Nottingham, with easy access from the outer ring road and the A47