• Choose between a trial lesson in a 2 seater Cessna or 4 Seater Piper
• 30, 45 and 60 minute flights are available
• Flight times are chock to chock
• Briefing from a fully qualified instructor
• Views over Dartmoor, Torbay and Cornwall
• Hands on experience of flying between landing and take off
• A certificate upon completion
What Can I Expect
Get in amongst the aviation 'big boys' on these flying lessons in Exeter! The airport at Exeter is based at Clyst Honiton and boasts an eclectic mix of flying, including international scheduled flights, cargo operations and light aircraft lessons - so you'll be in amongst them all.
Just a few miles east of Exeter centre, the airport was originally opened way back in 1937 and following the war period when it become an important RAF station, the aerodrome was first handed back to civil flying and then upgraded to become the successful commercial airport it is today handling up to one million passengers a year. With a fair few airliners flying out of Exeter, it means that there'll be lots going on during your lesson.
The school we've chosen to work with isn't just a flying club. The team here runs PPL (Private Pilot's Licence) and CPL (Commercial Pilot's Licence) courses, with all the different type ratings too. In plain English, that means you'll be taking lessons in flying at a centre of excellence in Exeter that has successfully trained many an airline pilot, as well as those who fly purely for the pleasure.
This high standard of lessons is matched by the impeccable facilities. This Exeter school has taken over General Aviation (GA) Pilot Briefings from the main Air Traffic Control tower, so all light aircraft movements in and out of Exeter Airport are managed by this efficient and friendly team - and that includes the trial lesson you will be going on.
Massively qualified Mike Wood (he trains pilots in how to teach pilots!) is the head of training here and with a trusted team of expert instructors, combined with a modern, well-maintained fleet of Warriors, Arrows, Duchess, Cessna 152 and 172 aircraft, you are sure to have fun on your flight, whilst being hands-on and informative too.
For an aerial extravaganza, book onto these flying lessons near Exeter and get airborne over some of the loveliest countryside in Devon, taking in everything from the Jurassic coastline to the moors, coupled with the excitement of flying on your lesson out of a bustling Exeter International Airport.
• 7 days a week throughout the year
• All flights are subject to weather conditions and availability
• You must call on the morning of your flight to check that weather conditions are suitable
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight 14 stone for two seater flights
• Maximum combined weight is 30 stone for four seater flights
• Spectators are welcome to view the take off and landing
• Refreshments and waiting facilities for guest are available in the terminal
• 4 Seater Flights: For an additional charge payable when booking your date a spectator can enjoy a back seat flight, subject to the maximum combined weight limit and at the pilots discretion on the day
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Exeter Airport, Devon