• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• A flying lesson in either a two seater or four seater aircraft
• Choose from 30, 40 or 60 minute durations
• A certificate upon completion
What Can I Expect
Treat them to flying lessons in Cardiff! Do you know someone who would revel in a trial flight out of Cardiff International Airport in Wales? Think someone you love would cherish spending 30, 40 or 60 minutes in an aeroplane above the skies of Glamorgan? Then you're on the right page, with an excellent range of flight options available too.
Cardiff Airport is the only one in the whole of Wales operating scheduled flights to international destinations, so on your lesson you can expect lots of flying action with every type of plane landing and taking off from CWL (that's the IATA airport code, Welsh aviation fact fans!). With a 2,392m long asphalt runway capable of welcoming large aircraft, you will be sitting pretty in your Piper light aircraft in amongst the multi-jet engined boys!
This Cardiff base offers lessons all year round and is one of several centres for this countrywide flying school, which means there is a fleet of 30 aircraft in total at their disposition across the business, many very experienced instructor pilots and an excellent operational set up. Based in the White Building on the quieter south side of the airport, you will see you are amongst executive charter companies and general aviation services.
The full time team here includes Chief Flying Instructor Steve Williams and Operations Manager Phil Keatley, alongside a crew of fully qualified flying tutors, including Stewart Shelly who took his first lesson in flying here at Cardiff and is now teaching budding pilots at the same school. He chose this centre as 'it has first class aircraft to match the industry-renowned first-rate training', so we think you will enjoy your introduction to flying here too.
There is plenty of choice when it comes to flying lessons at Cardiff Airport (or Maes Awyr Caerdydd in Welsh), as we are offering the full range of flights in a two or a four seater light aircraft. Once you have taken off and cleared the restricted Cardiff airspace, your lesson starts proper as it's time to stop staring open-mouthed at the amazing views out of South Wales from the cockpit and get down to the serious business of trying out flying with you at the controls.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year subject to weather conditions
• Minimum age for a lesson is 14 years old
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Two forms of identity including photographic ID will be required on the day
Two seater Restrictions:
• Maximum weight 14 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 1ins
Four Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 3ins
• Friends and family are welcome to watch and there are good facilities at the centre
• Spectators can take photos and videos of the take off and landing
• On site toilets
• Cafe bar serving hot and cold snacks and drinks
• If booking a four seater experience an interested observer may fly with you at no additional cost, at the discretion of the pilot
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Cardiff Airport