Trial Flying Lesson
• A flying lesson in a 2 or 4 seater aircraft
• Choose from a 20 or 40 minute flight duration
• Short instructor briefing where the basics of flying will be explained
• Once airborne you will get the chance to take control of the aircraft
• Information presentation pack including a photo postcard of the aircraft flown
• Flight certificate signed by your instructor
• The flight time will count towards gaining your Private Pilot's Licence
Round Robin Flying Lesson
• A trial flying lesson for three people
• Short flight briefing followed by three flights in a four seater aircraft
• Land at Northampton and Peterborough airfields for brief refreshment
• During the flight each participant will have the opportunity to take the controls
• Each student will be a passenger on two of the flights, enabling them to enjoy the scenery and observe the lesson
What Can I Expect
Established in 1909, Leicestershire Aero Club has clocked up a fair few hours in the air in its time. This is your chance to get airborne with these flying lessons out of Leicester Airport and as you’d expect on a trial flying lesson, there’s plenty of opportunity for you to take control and fly, with a full range of lessons available.
The airport here in Leicester is just a few miles out of the city centre and is actually operated by Leicestershire Aeroclub. Having flown at several different airfields around the county, survived a world war and the RAF requisition of one home airfield, the club has been based here since 1951, when the airport was still called Leicester East. If you’re local to Leicester, you might also know it as Stoughton Airfield after the nearby village.
Currently boasting over 500 members, the Leicestershire Aero Club is a thriving troupe with a full and diverse social diary. From club days and trophy nights, to pilot suppers and aerial flour bombing sessions at Christmas, there’s always something going on. And word has it that Leicester Airport’s cafe does a fine line in bacon butties and tea - essential fuel for any self respecting pilot.
We are offering 20 and 40 minute flying lessons out of Leicester in both two and four seater aircraft and the fleet includes the renowned Piper PA28 and Cessna trainer aircraft. There’s also one other rather intriguing option: the ‘Round Robin’ for three.
This superb value flying lesson package gives you three flights. Taking off from Leicester you fly your first leg to Northampton, then take off again heading to Peterborough. A quick refreshment and you’re off again back to the Leicestershire Aero Club base. And the great thing about this experience is that one voucher is valid for three people to take it in turns to share the flying and when you’re not flying you’re a rear passenger.
So, if you’re looking for a warm welcome from a long-established set up with lots of history, you can’t beat taking your lessons with the Leicestershire Aero Club. And of course, all time spent in the pilot’s seat counts towards your Private Pilot’s Licence should you wish to continue your training with the team in Leicester.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 14
• Under 16s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Photographic ID will be required on the day
Two Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 14 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 1 ins
Four Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 3ins
• Spectators are welcome to attend and watch participants in flight with plenty of great photo opportunities
• Participants of the four seater experiences are allowed to bring up to two interested observers (min age 14) who can observe the lesson from the rear seat (at the discretion of the flight instructor and subject to weather conditions and weight restrictions)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Aerobatic manoeuvres can be included in the flight for an additional £10 payable when making your booking
• Leicester Airport, Leicestershire