• An Introductory Flying Lesson in a two seater Cessna 152 or four seater Cessna 172
• Welcome, introduction and pre-flight briefing
• Once in the air the instructor will demonstrate the controls, then it's your turn to take control
• Choose a 30 or 60 minute lesson
• The opportunity to take the controls of the aircraft for the majority of the flight
• On a four seater lesson you will be able to invite two interested observers to accompany you as rear seat passengers, at the pilots discretion
What Can I Expect
See the sights and fly on these flying lessons over Pembrokeshire! Taking off from Haverfordwest Aerodrome you’ll be treated to some of the most spectacular views of Wales’s coast and countryside that Pembrokeshire has to offer. But not only that, you’ll be taught how to fly the plane as well.
This flying school in Wales is an Approved Training Centre (otherwise known as an ATO in aviation speak). This means it offers an extensive programme of teaching including the Private Pilots Licence (PPL) and other qualifications including Night Rating and Radiotelephony Training too. The centre also has an Air Operators Certificate, allowing them to carry out air charter work. So as you can see, there’s a wealth of knowledge and experience in Pembrokeshire that you’ll be tapping into.
As well as the top-notch tuition, the location for these flying lessons is superb. In the heart of Pembrokeshire, Haverfordwest Airport (Maes Awyr Hwlffordd in Welsh) is the ideal take off point as it gives you pretty much instant access to a whole world of loveliness in unrestricted airspace. The likes of Strumble Lighthouse, St David’s Cathedral and Pembroke Castle seen from the air can’t be beaten. And neither can the wild and rugged coastline around Whitesands Beach and Skomer Island.
But of course, you’re not just here to have a nice time looking out of the cockpit window, you’re here to fly. You’re going to be up front in the captain’s seat, so you’ll need to be ready to take control when you instructor hands it to you. And at that precise moment that this happens you’re sure to feel a little nervous, but you soon get used to how sensitive the controls are and that somewhat hard-to-compute sensation that it is actually you who is flying the aircraft.
In fact, for these flying lessons in Pembrokeshire we can highly recommend opting for the four seater aeroplanes, as (subject to pilot approval) you can invite two guests to join you in the rear seat of the aircraft as observers. That means you all get to enjoy the fabulous views and your invitees can witness at first hand your foray into flying a light aircraft from Haverfordwest.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Flights are subject to availablity and weather conditions
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Participants will need to bring two forms of identity including one with a photo eg passport.
2 Seater Restrictions
• Maximum height 6ft 1ins
• Maximum weight 15 stone
4 Seater Restrictions
• Maximum height 6ft 4ins
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Spectators are welcome to watch the take off and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Haverfordwest Airport, Pembrokeshire