• A flying lesson in a two or four seater aircraft
• Safety briefing and familiarisation with the aircraft and its controls
• Your flight route will be explained as your instructor completes the final flight checks before take off
• Once airborne you will be able to handle the controls
• Learn how to turn, climb and bank the aircraft
• Flight times quoted are chock to chock
• Flight time can be counted towards a Private Pilot's License (PPL)
What Can I Expect
Take your slot in amongst the 'big boys' with these flying lessons in Glasgow! Flying out of Glasgow International Airport, your lesson will see you using the same runway as large commercial airliners. This is a flight that certainly has the views of all the action on the tarmac and the 'wow' factor thrown in.
A leading professional flight training organisation has teamed up with this, the longest-established flying club based at Glasgow, to provide a full range of pilot training as well as trial lessons at their base. This is the real deal, as they teach pilots to commercial licence, instrument rating, multi-engine rating and even flying instructor level, so you know you are in very good and highly experienced hands.
So what will be like taking off from Glasgow on your flying lesson? Well, there will surely be lots to look at. On the ground you'll see the jets all lined up on stand at three piers (East, West and Central) with passengers boarding ready to jet off to destinations all over the world. Then there's you in your light aircraft. Just the taxiing from the flying club's base on the north side of the airport to the runway is a fascinating voyage into the airside world of a busy international airport.
The views are just as enticing from the air. Once you've been cleared for take off away you go. You might never have realised it, but as you embark on your lesson flying out of Glasgow you'll see how Black Cart Water and White Cart Water creates a triangle with the airport in between (it's also a great visual reference point for when pilots come into land!) with Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park beyond.
Your flight path will depend on weather and air traffic control, but you may well head in a westerly direction towards Glasgow on your lesson to then fly over the likes of Dunoon or Rothesay. Perhaps it'll be a little aerial fly past of stunning Loch Lomond. Of course, it isn't just about the great views, this is a proper trial lesson, so you will be having a go at the controls, learning to turn, climb and bank round in your little plane.
We have the full range of flying lessons at Glasgow, so whether you fancy a quick spin of the local Renfewshire area, or want to get a more in-depth flying experience that gives you lots of time as the captain of your plane, there's something for you. As well as 30, 40 or 60 minutes flight durations, you can also choose between a two or four seater aircraft for your foray into the Glaswegian air.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age of 14 years old
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Photographic ID will be required on the day
Two Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 14 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 1ins
Four Seater Restrictions
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 3ins
• Spectators are welcome and can watch you take off and land
• Participants of the four seater experiences are allowed to bring an interested observer (min age 14) who can observe the lesson from the rear seat (at the discretion of the flight instructor and subject to weather conditions)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Glasgow International Airport