• A trial flying lesson in two or four seater aircraft
• Four seater experiences allow for a friend to join the lesson as a passenger
• A pre-flight briefing and safety checks with your instructor
• Your instructor will handle takeoff and landing
• Once airborne you will be given the opportunity to take the controls
• Fly over scenic areas including Padstow, The Eden Project, Port Isaac and Bodmin
• At the end of your lesson you will be presented with a personalised certificate
What Can I Expect
Savour the brilliant views on these scenic flying lessons over Cornwall! Flying out of Newquay airport means that within minutes of getting airborne, you will enjoy fabulous aerial views of the Cornish coast (and believe us, it's wonderful to see the beach and cliffs with a real bird's eye view!).
Based just a couple of miles north east of Cornwall's premier tourist resort of Newquay in Mawgan in Pydar, this airport was an USAF base right up until 2009. Since then, large commercial operations flying out of Cornwall have come and gone, but the lessons and general aviation side has continued to thrive - mainly because of the excellent training standards and the superb surroundings.
Indeed, who wouldn't want to take to the air in a Cessna or Robin light aircraft and immediately see the wonderful azure-blue sea and the waves lapping onto the golden, sandy beaches of Cornwall? Flying lessons are offered as 30, 40 or 50 minute sessions and in that time, you will see some truly amazing aerial sights and probably be surprised how far you can travel in that time.
On shorter routes, you can expect to cruise over the secluded and very lovely Watergate Bay and Mawgan Porth beaches, as well as getting a good look around the immediate area of the airport. On longer flights you might well head towards Cornwall's world-famous Eden Project for an exclusive aerial view of the iconic domes, Tintagel, Falmouth and the home of Cornish gastronomy in Padstow, even flying as far afield as St Ives and Looe, depending on the length of your lesson.
Not only do you get to see the sights from the air, on all flying lessons in Cornwall, you will also be invited to take over from your pilot instructor and fly the plane for a few minutes. The configuration of these aeroplanes means that you and your instructor sit side by side in the cockpit and it is dual control, so perfect for having your first lesson in flying, filled with the sunshine and sandy coves of Cornwall!
• Available on both weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• The minimum age is 14
• Parental/guardian consent is required for all participants under 18
• Maximum weight limit is 14.5 stone for the two seater aircraft
• Four seaters have a combined weight limit of 30 stone for both passengers
• Friends and family are more than welcome to come along to show support and listen to the flight briefings
• The view of take off and landing may be restricted due to the viewing location behind the tower
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flight time quoted is chock to chock
• Trial flights take place at Newquay Cornwall Airport