• A Trial Flying Lesson in a 4 seater aircraft
• Take the controls and fly the aircraft for part of the lesson
• Welcome, introduction and pre flight briefing
• Some flight centres will also include a personalised certificate
• 30 and 60 minute options available
What Can I Expect
If you want to take your trial flight in style, then these 30 minute or one hour classes in a four seater aircraft are a great choice, with venues available nationwide. And what’s more, these vouchers are flexible, as there’s no need choose the location now, the lucky person going on the flight can take their pick when they book their course.
Each of these trial lesson flights last for either thirty minutes or a full hour, with the safety briefing time on top of that, so you get maximum time in the cockpit. As all trial flights use four-seater light aircraft, a friend or family member (at the discretion of the pilot on the day) can join you in the cabin and witness the memorable moment you take over the yoke at cruising altitude like a proper pilot.
The flying instructor handles the difficult aspects of the flight, such as taxiing, takeoff and the landing sequence, but once you’re safely up in the air then you can seize control and give free reign to your flying aspirations as you aim straight and level. Your instructor is in the seat next to you though, giving you advice and tuition through the headphones, enabling you to fly the plane both safely and enjoyably.
These trial courses are a popular choice for aero enthusiasts everywhere. Combining sightseeing opportunities from a birds-eye perspective with an adrenaline-inducing master class in airborne antics, an experimental flight is the perfect present for a birthday or special event. For true aerial aficionados, these trial flights serve as an excellent grounding for continuing your studies in order to gain your Private Pilot License (PPL).
With schools throughout the UK offering test flights for all ages and abilities, these four-seater flying opportunities are not to be missed. A trial flight is a fun and quirky alternative to a standard flying experience, but if you fancy a smaller plane, we also recommend our two-seater aircraft flying lessons at aero clubs nationwide.
• Flying classes are usually available on weekdays and weekends throughout the year, depending on favourable weather conditions
• Although time slots are allocated please be aware that aircraft lessons are subject to a number of factors which may potentially cause delay to your scheduled time. Whilst every effort will be made to help keep you on time we ask for a degree of latitude owing to the nature of flying, air traffic delays and weather considerations
• Minimum age is 14 years old
• Minimum height is 4ft 6ins, maximum 6ft 4ins
• The maximum weight is 18 stone
• You'll need to provide two forms of identity including a photo id, e.g. a passport
• Visitors are welcome to come and watch the take off and landing
• It may be possible for a friend or family member, who is also interested in flying classes, to sit in the back of the plane and listen in on headphones (min age 14) This is at the discretion of the instructor on the day (additional charge at Coventry, Blackpool and Compton Abbas, not available at Cheltenham)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All flying classes take place at Civil Aviation Authority approved clubs
• The flying times are quoted in 'chock to chock', ie. from when the plane starts to taxi to when it switches off at the end of the flying
30 Minute Flights
• Avon, Bristol • Co Durham, Darlington • Dorset, Compton Abbas • Peterborough, Wansford • Peterborough, Conington, Hampshire, Andover • Lancashire, Blackpool • Norfolk, Norwich • North Lincolnshire, Kirmington • Nottinghamshire, Retford • Northamptonshire, Brackley • Staffordshire, Burton on Trent • Surrey, Redhill • Warwickshire, Warwick, • Wiltshire, Salisbury • West Midlands, Coventry • Gloucestershire, Cheltenham • South Yorkshire, Doncaster • Wolverhampton, Stourbridge
60 Minute Flights
• Co Durham Darlington • Lancashire, Blackpool • Merseyside, Liverpool • Norfolk, Norwich • North Lincolnshire, Kirmington • Nottinghamshire, Retford • Northamptonshire, Brackley • Peterborough, Wansford • Surrey, Redhill • Wiltshire, Salisbury • West Midlands, Coventry • South Yorkshire, Doncaster • Wolverhampton, Stourbridge
• Please note locations are subject to change